We need $50,000 to stay open. We have $40,000 of it, but we’re short $10,000.
As many of you know, we’ve had lots of issues with our building owner and a pending sale for almost 2 years. This has cost us a great deal of money in expenses for:
1) Legal services
2) Repairs and maintenance that we paid out of pocket for that the landlord should have
3) Loss of income because of electrical and plumbing issues; and other problems with the building. The old owner never made proper repairs for the building. He did not maintain the building except for bare minimum.
4) Loss of security deposits
This all adds up to a lot of money for a small business. All the costs have come to a head all at once.
We have two weeks to raise $10,000 to stay open. If you can’t donate, please come by to eat. Tell your family, friends, and co-workers about us. Order catering from us. Order for work or small parties.
1) Who you are
We are Farid Zadi and Susan Park Zadi
2) Where you're from
We live in Los Angeles, California where we own and operated Revolutionario North African Tacos.
3) Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for
We are raising funds to save our business, Revolutionario
4) How the funds will be used (be specific as possible)
The funds will be used to pay legal fees and new lease deposits. We were in a protracted legal battle for almost a year with a vulture developer, a property management company, and real estate brokers who wanted to push out of our building. We won. But it cost us. It’s not easy fighting people who spent over $150,000 on legal fees to harass us. Any excess funds will be used to help other small business owners and residential tenants fight evictions from big developers.