Return to San Diego

Hello Everyone. The reason I have set up this Campaign is that my Wife, Son, and I need assistance moving back to San Diego. All funds raised will be used for moving, travel, lodging, and if there's any left, it will be used to help us get situated once back.

We need the funding by the end of November, since that is when our lease is up then. We plan to be on the road the night of the 30th. 


The reason we have to move back to San Diego is because back in April (2 weeks bfore my Son was born) I was diagnosed with an ear infection in my right ear. I had gone to urgent care every two weeks after that for a month. Each time they gave me pain meds and antibiotics. On the forth urgent care visit the doctor refered me to an ENT specialist since there was no sign of the infection healing. I then saw the ENT and she thought it was allergies. She put me on Claritin and kept me on antibiotics and Viccoden.  A few days later my  eardrum burst and started draining. I went to a different ENT and he told me my eardrum had burst, gave me more antibiotics and viccoden and said to see him in a week. After four days I noticed it was really diificult to use a straw and move my right eyebrow. That was when I realized I could not move the right side of my face. I called the ENT office and the nurse had me go to the ER immediately. Once there they admitted me into the hospital and diagnosed me with Bell's paulsy caused by acute mastoiditis. I then had surgery to remove the fluid and infection from my mastoid bone. The doctor said I was lucky that they did the surgery as fast as they did because the infection was really close to infiltrating my brain causing bacterial Meningitis. Thankfully that didn't happen. I was in the hospital for 7 days for recovery and IV antibiotics. I then had to have daily antibiotic infusions every single day for two months via a picc line. The strength of the antibiotics plus the Viccoden and morphine they gave me made it impossible to work. So overall I was out of work for two and a half months. This plus having to take care of our infant son has been daunting on my Wife.

Even now, months after I had the surgery I still have pain and pressure and 60% hearing loss in my right ear. I also have been having sinus pain, congestion, numerous bloody noses, and very severe cough. It all just makes me feel like my head is clogged.

To make matters worse two weeks ago I had to take my Wife to the ER for excruciating abdominal pain. First they thought it was her gall bladder but then tests showed no infection but did show a mass on her liver. They were uncertain what it was and ordered more tests. She is still in a lot of pain and our primary care is doing what he can to solve the problem. This was the final straw and reason we decided to move back.

We are both in a lot of pain, not working, and caring for our son. We figure we need to be closer to family and friends to help support us while we get healthy again.

Your donations, love, and support will mean everything to us during this ordeal. We are eternally grateful for the support we have gotten so far and can't thank everyone enough.
  • Chris Garcia 
    • $35 
    • 43 mos
  • Whitney Herron 
    • $50 
    • 48 mos
  • Jaime Martinez  
    • $40 
    • 48 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $40 
    • 48 mos
  • Chris Ganan 
    • $100 
    • 49 mos
See all


Joe Gabbard 
Federal Way, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more