We need you and your support 365/24-7: We rally, we march, we educate, we campaign, we outreach - Nationally and Internationally! The costs of doing this year-round mission is £7,600. We have managed to reduce costs through buying reusable things and benefitting from contributions in kind. Still……
The annual show of strength, be it a march, a rally or other acts of protest and rebellion is not just one day on 1st Mosiah/August every year. It is a year round process of organising education workshops, regional activities and campaign work as we challenge power structures and disrupt the status quo!
We have much to do before we deliver the Stop the Maangamizi petition on 1st Mosiah (August) and we need your help to cover costs - no one is paid to serve our people!
We are calling on you to gather your support and contribution to the organising of and holding our people's reparations march/rally/protest actions which is a crucial part of the International Social Movement for Afrikan Reparations (ISMAR). Whatever protest action we take on 1st August, a delegation still hands in the Stop the Maangamizi We Charge Genocide/Ecocide Petition to 10 Downing St. Our target is to raise £6,000 (In addition to what committee members give throughout the year) to meet the costs of complying with regulations and ensuring people's safety and well being and most of all the success of protest actions on 1st August and the work of the Stop the Maangamizi We Charge Genocide/Ecocide Campaign.
Aims of the activities on 1st Mosiah/August are:
1. To draw attention to Afrikan peoples’ global determination to not let the British State and other perpetrators get away with the crimes of the Maangamizi (Afrikan hellacaust of chattel, colonial and neo-colonial enslavement).
2. To hand in the Stop the Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide/Ecocide petition requesting an All-Party Commission of Inquiry for Truth & Reparatory Justice in order to raise consciousness about the fact that all the attacks on us, in both individual and collective instances, amount to Genocide/Ecocide in Maangamizi continuity necessitating reparations.
3. To increase awareness of the necessity to ‘Stop the Maangamizi’ and its current manifestations such as austerity, attempts to recolonise Afrika, mentacide and deaths in police, psychiatric and prison custody.
4. To demonstrate Afrikan peoples’ strength, capacity and determination to speak to and challenge establishment power with our growing grassroots power to effect and secure reparations (reparatory justice) on our own terms.
5. To highlight Afrikan peoples grassroots demands and initiatives for effecting and securing reparations.
Every contribution is incredibly valuable and will go to something that is needed for our annual work programme leading up to the march.
Insurance & Licences 400
Printing, Publicity & Media 2500
Merchandising costs 500
Stationery 200 (in Kind)
Room Hire 500
Public Mtg Refreshments 100
Travel 200 (in Kind)
Health & Safety Equip' 200
Security Equipment 300 (in kind/purchased)
Marquees 200 (purchased)
Mobility transport 400 (In kind)
£5 will buy provide a branded hi-vis Jacket for security
£20 will buy refreshments for the lost children's area
£40 will buy a first aid kit
£100 will buy two loud hailers
£500 will provide much needed PA equipment and allow us to print merchandise to increase our self sufficiency
So please give what you can, share this appeal with your family and friends and make your contribution to this righteous cause, show of strength and quest for justice! Thank you in advance.
To learn more visit:
www.reparationsmarch.org - for 1st Mosiah related activities
www.stopthemaangamizi.com - for campaign information
Facebook: Themarch August/The Reparations March UK /The Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March
Twitter: @stopmaangamizi and @reparationmarch
To get volunteer on 1st Mosiah email: [email redacted]
- Flik Hall
- Giles Atkinson
- Christine Hannigan
- Glenn Faj
- Jay Edwards
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more