We reached our goal in less than 5 days! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! We could never have imagined how much support we would get. For every person who disagreed, there were literally hundreds who gave us likes, shares, comments and donations. Again, thank you! Any more money we raise online will be used to help players and teams in our neighbouring communities play ball.
October 30, 2016:
We are a thriving youth baseball club in Alvinston Ontario (population 2,500) and we’re setting a good example for our 220+ young players that no pro leagues or teams seem willing to do. For the past 60 years, we have played as the Alvinston Indians. Until today.
Our teams have a proud tradition and have won many local and provincial championships as the “Indians”, but we’ve decided that teaching respect for each other, respect for opponents and respect for every community we visit is a far more important tradition than any name or logo.
So, we are coming up with a new name and raising the money we need to replace our uniforms, equipment and ballpark signage. We’re proud that our small town teams are doing the right thing, when the MLB, NFL, CFL and NHL won’t. Any support you can provide will be hugely appreciated.
We’re excited by all of the media interest in our story. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com
. What’s our new name and logo?
We will provide updates during the campaign as we get input and ideas from players, parents and supporters like you. We have lots of great options. Before we were the Indians, we were the Aces. Some families in our community have a long history as honey producers, so we could be the Buzz. Or maybe we could be the Jr. Jays.Fundraising
Our sincerest hope is that we won’t need to raise registration costs, so we’ve set a fundraising goal of $29,000 to replace all of our uniforms, team equipment and any ballpark signage that uses the Indians name and logo:Jerseys
- 16 teams x $690 per team (16 jerseys per team) = $11,000Pants
- 16 teams x $650 per team (16 pants per team) = $10,400Hats
- 300 hats for the association x $12 per hat = $3,600Coach Shirts
- 40 coaches x $38 per shirt = $1,500Equipment Bags
- $94 per bag x 16 bags = $1,500Banners/Signage
- 2 (1 for each park x $500 each) = $1,000Sponsorship Recognition
All ideas for sponsorship and recognition are welcome. Please contact Andy Triest using the email link above.All donations
– Thanks on our Facebook page and recognition in our year-end banquet programDonate $100
– Recognition on ballpark signage (plus above)Donate $300
– Get a framed team photo for your home or business (plus above)Donate $500
– Get your own t-shirt with our new team name and logo (plus above)Donate $1,500
– Team uniform sponsorship, 5 available (plus above)
We are not incorporated as a registered charity, so we cannot provide a registered tax receipt. You will receive a receipt from GoFundMe as a record of your donation.