1. Getting Vue Lor a proper burial
2. Medical Bills for the 5 injured
3. Helping Kong's and Lee's family
On March 22, 2020, the Lor family lost, not only a home, but also a husband, a father,and a grandfather. At 1:40 pm on Sunday, we got a Facebook message from Sheng (the older daughter), "Kong's house is on fire". This started a chain of chaos. A few of the siblings went over to the house only to find our home of 17 years in flames. No one was allowed near the house, for it was no longer stable. In the mist of chaos and confusion here are some facts:
1. Kenneth (8 yrs old) (Kong's oldest son) used is feet to break the living room window open to escape. He was the first to escape and called out his younger brother Noah (4 yrs old) to follow. Kenneth ran to their neighbors house, Jeffrey, to asked for help.
2. A total stranger along with Jeffery ran towards the burning house and was able to save the grandmother, Greyson (13 month old), and Ondrew (6 yrs old).
3. By the time the kids and grandmother(Nancy) was safe, it was too late to go back in to save the grandfather.
4. As the fire died down, Greyson, Ondrew, and the grandmother were sent by helicopter to Regent Hospital in Mn. All three are now stable and on track to recover.
5. Kenneth suffered multiple cuts to his legs, but is expected to recover.
6. Noah was the most lucky, walking away with no inquiries.
7. The greatest lost is to the grandfather (Vue), who was legally blind, did not escape in time.
8. The newest member to the family, a blind 3 month old puppy (Husky mix), who was in the his kettle also passed in the fire.
9. During this time, Kong (father of the children) and Lee (Kong's wife) were not present in the home.
Vue Lor has married Nancy Vang for over 35 years. They both had 6 beautiful children, 4 sons and 2 daughters. Each of their children are happily wed. Vue is a grandpa to 23 soon to be 24 grandchildren. If you ever met him, he is the most generous individual who loves the company of family and friends.
As a mother to be, I can't imagine what Kong and Lee is going through. They lost the most, a home and a father. We are currently asking a pause on items donations to the Kong's family. The family is going through all the donated items.
902 Juniper court, Menomonie WI 54751
Your generous donation will go towards getting Kong's and Lee's family back on their feet. If you have lost a love one before, you may know the challenges of the uncharted steps to take to make sure your love one has the proper burial. We are also seeking donations to help our beloved husband, father, uncle, grandfather, get the burial he would want.
Please forgive me for this very badly written brief. I am one of Vue Lor's daughter-in-law. I am still in shock as to many of the close family members are in grieving. We asked for you patience as we update and reply to your messages. If you would like to donate directly to us, you can paypal, vemno or facebook pay us, just contact us personally.
We will do our best to keep you updated, as more information comes to us.
Thank you for your generous donation,
Here is the newscast on the tragic event: https://wqow.com/2020/03/23/new-dunn-county-sheriff-identifies-man-killed-in-house-fire/?fbclid=IwAR2PXd2Bjz_hcpztfSsPtIpNL0D-Bbh5DvzgA_nz635l6bEk-5lifaftLuQ
- Moah Xiong
- Allison Cizek
- Aaron Lor
- Kevin Lee
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more