We are currently collecting for the refugees on the camps in Paris and Aubervilliers, for this post Covid19 situation. We have around 700 refugees in 2 camps in Aubervilliers and less in the camp at place de la Republique. All the fonds are transmited to my account, under the name Danica M Jurisic and I am responsible for all the purchases made for the needs of refugees.
Since 2015 we have witnessed the horrible conditions refugees have faced in Paris. Help us provide for refugees in this upcoming winter 2019/2020!
Our motivation is simple: to help the one in need! To keep them alive and safe until the system kicks in and provides them with shelter. To help refugees on their path - to reach safely to the asylum.
We have been supplying refugees in the streets of Paris with basic necessities for almost 5 years :
1. most important - tents - we buy new ones for the price of 20 euros or we recycle the old ones;
2. sleeping bags - we buy new ones or we collect the donations for our large network of volunteers ( you can easily apply to be one of the crew!)
3. toiletry kits - small bottles of shampoo, shower gel, body lotion or vaseline, toothbrush & toothpaste, combs, bandaid, basically anything of importance to keep refugees dignified and clean, out of peril!
4. hygiene kits for women and babies/ toddlers:
diapers ( for toddlers, diapers number 5 are most asked for), wet wipes, sanitary pads, tampons, shampoo for babies and lotions - yes, there are still many families on the streets, waiting for any kind of help!
5. shoes - we can collect money from generous donations in Paris and around, but there is always a lack of man winter shoes size 41 to 44. number 42 is most needed during harsh winter on the camps. We can buy them in Paris for a small price of 12 euros if you can chip in and help! Those are new, waterproof shoes, that can endure the entire winter. Way better than anything you can collect in your neighborhood.
6. winter clothes - winter jackets - without warm winter clothes refugees cant survive the upcoming winter. we are looking for winter clothes for men, women, and children - sizes S and M.
7. scarfs, gloves and hats/bonnets for winter - in darker, discreet colors, all sizes are welcome as long as they keep them warm! For men, women, and children! to keep them warm and far from hypothermia this winter.
8. SOCKS - those precious, precious socks! The best way to keep yourself protected from the cold in winter is to keep your feet dry! We can buy a new pair of socks for refugees for a small price of 0,30 euros in we buy in bulks. This is the most needed item on refugee camps during winter and we can never have enough of them.
9. underwear - this is always a sensitive topic, but the fact is if you are living on the street, you can't really wash or change your nickers as often as you'd like. We can buy them for 0,25 euros per piece and we distribute them like crazy every chance we get. Because it matters.
Please help us to continue with our work by donating to this fundraising!
And there is more!!
We work with refugees beyond their first arrival in France. We provide them with valuable lessons on integration, creation of CV and job search once they have gained their documents. Fortunately, we got a lot of used laptops - a gift from Cambridge university - that can be used in job search and learning basic computer skills, but we still need a bit of support to keep those project running. but just to keep those workshops alive and refugees comfortable while they are taking them, we are still looking for small donations. For only 20 euros you can sponsor a refugee in their attendance to our workshops.
We are teaching them :
how to use the job search sites,
how to create a CV,
and even more !!
how to use the 3D printer in everyday life.
Mostly for minors who are preparing them to get back to high school, but also for anyone who is interested in pursuing their education - we organize 3D printing lessons with experts without of any charge for asylum seekers. The only expense we are trying to cover is metro tickets for our students - refugees in pursuit of knowledge.
Photo for documents
Another side activity we are proud of. In cooperation with local photographers and volunteers, we provide a set of 6 to 12 photos fro refugees, asylum seekers, and Roma communities that are in need for professional photos, printed and adjusted to french administrations system, in order for them to get their much-needed document. For 30 euros, we can make over 100 sheets of individual photos for each refugee. for 30 euros over 100 refugees will get their professional photos printed and delivered to them so they can continue with their asylum process.