We all internalize positive and negative feelings from the spaces we occupy. I think many students become accustomed to poor school conditions so having a well-designed space will let them know that they are important and worthy of a nice classroom for learning.
Over the summer I plan to redesign, organize, and energize Mr. Wong's classroom to better suit him and his students, but I need the supplies to make this possible!
- organize teacher space (adding storage and expanding workspace)
- organize student space (adding designated paper trays and easy access to containers of materials)
- comfortable student seating (adding cushions to chairs)
- chill zone (comfortable space for students to unwind during hectic days, one-on-one check-ins, club meetings, and parent-teacher meetings)
- install a small white board (student calendar to keep track of due dates, exams, and field trips)
- paint walls (to open and energize the classroom)
- visual engagement (art + math integration posters)
- add natural elements (fake plants to create tranquil corners)
- classroom wellness station goodies (snacks for students, band-aids, hand sanitizer, tissue box, cough drops, female products, hand soap, lotion)
- eco-friendly cleaning supplies (student, teacher health, keeping the classroom clean, and non-toxic to the environment)
Help me give Mr. Wong and his students a more comfortable space that is more conducive to learning by providing storage, comfortable furniture, lights, and other things!Mediterranean Muse: REDesigning Mr. Wong's Rm 207 - Oakland High School, CA