We are reaching out to you for support of some of our own musicians here in St. Augustine. As most of you know, both Gabriel Acevedo and his wife Abigail play in a local band called Remedy Tree and have two sweet little children who are often seen joining them on stage or playing along.
Unfortunately, a few days ago Gabriel was injured in an accident at a restaurant where he also works. There was a natural gas explosion that occurred behind him which set his shirt and both of his arms on fire. He was able to quickly remove his burning shirt but was left with 2nd degree burns on both arms and 1st degree burns on his back.
Gabriel is currently at Shands of Gainesville - Burn Unit where he has been getting great care but has been in quite a lot of pain. As of now, he will be getting skin grafts from his legs in just a few days. From there, he has a week long stay in the burn unit and then will not be able to return to work for 4-6 weeks while he heals.
Gabriel's hard working and optimistic attitude is still intact and he can't wait to get back into the recording studio to continue working on their new album. As fast as we hope the healing may be, this family sure could benefit from our support during this time of recovery.
Please consider helping to relieve some of their current financial burdens and lift them up by donating anything you can to this fundraiser for Gabriel and his family!
We are lucky to have such a wonderful music community surrounding us, both in times of joy and in times of need. We THANK YOU in advance!
Neely Miller, Michael Lagasse, & The Gamble Rogers Music Festival crew
For more about Remedy Tree or to support them with a music or merchandise purchase, visit their website https://remedytreemusic.com