WHY DO WE WANT TO RECORD VENDADO ES AMOR?
In May 2018 we had the experience to perform in Basel the whole zarzuela for the first time with period instruments (they are made like in the 18th century). The music was so beautiful, and the response of the public was so enthusiastic that we found that we had to record it on CD. It is a really lively piece, mixing Italian baroque operatic tradition with Spanish dances and Ensembles.
The Ensemble Los Elementos wants to record the piece in its complete version, with a great cast of singers and instrumentalists, which will recreate the musical performance practice of the time. Our CD will be recorded in Basel in September 2019, and it will published by the recording label GLOSSA in collaboration with the world renowned early music university Schola Cantorum Basiliensis.
A new edition of the work has been prepared by Alberto Miguélez Rouco, a young singer who also is the musical director of the project.
One of the goals of the project is to bring Spanish music closer to other countries. For this recording we have gathered an elite team of international young soloists that will bring to life the story of Venus and Anquises. They are:
Anquises: Giulia Semenzato
Venus: Natalie Pérez
Eumene: Alicia Amo
Diana: Eva Mª Soler Boix
Brújula: Amalia Montero Neira
Títiro: Yannick Debus
THE ENSEMBLE LOS ELEMENTOS
Founded in Basel for the first performance of this zarzuela, it is a young professional ensemble of musicians that met at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis and that want to rediscover forgotten works. The orchestra playing in the recording for "Vendado es Amor, no es ciego" will consist on a rich baroque ensemble of 25 musicians (strings, oboes, flutes, horns, trumpets, percussions and continuo) and it will be accompanied by a small choir, all of them in an attempt to recreate the musical forces Nebra would have had on the first performances of the work in August 1744.
This project involves around 40 musicians. For making this possible, we need your help! With the 22'000 CHF we would be able to afford:
- The sound engineer, from the prestigious Tritonus Musikproduktion
- The rent of the recording studio, in Riehen (Basel)
- Part of the musicians's cachets
We will thank you enormously for your contribution, plus you will receive:
- 25CHF: you’ll receive a link with three single tracks of the recording.
- 50CHF: you’ll receive a link to download the complete CD in digital format.
- 100CHF: you’ll get a CD signed by the conductor together with a musicological study in pdf (Spanish or English) about the piece.
- 200CHF: you’ll get a signed CD, the musicological article about the zarzuela and you will be able to attend one rehearsal session for the recording in September.
- 500 CHF: you will get all the prizes mentioned before + a digital copy of the score prepared for this recording.
THANK YOU INMENSELY, FOR MAKING THIS BEAUTIFUL PROJECT POSSIBLE!!!
- Stefan Campillo Fette
- Ursula Stucki
- Isabel Neira Délano
- Angélique Thabar
Fundraising team: Los Elementos (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more