The Richmond County Tax Commissioner’s Office is hosting its Inaugural Coed Charity Softball Tournament at Diamond Lakes Regional Park on Saturday, March 21st and we are asking for your support!
This is our first attempt at a project like this so your help would be a tremendous boost. We are doing this with the support of sponsors and the proceeds will go to benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of Augusta, Child Enrichment, Inc., and the YMCA. It is no accident that our charities all have an impact on children in our community. Our office has an intense love for kids!
We will have a 12 team field and hope to be able to have a very successful day. We hope that you will be able to enter a team or solicit one to enter. We will have a Home Run Derby, music, food, drawings/prizes, and lots of family fun.
We are hoping you could be a financial sponsor for this event. Please consider doing the following:
Grand Slam Sponsor - $500 (name on field banners, back of Tax Commissioner t-shirts, game day announcements)
Home Run Sponsor - $250 (name on field banners, back of Tax Commissioner t-shirts)
Triple Sponsor - $150 (name of field banner)
Double Sponsor - $100 (back of Tax Commissioner t-shirts)
Single Sponsor - $50 (game day announcements)
Check presentations will be done around noon on the day of the tournament.
We are extremely excited about this event and we hope you can find the resources to help.
The Richmond County Tax Commissioner’s Office is a regular financial and working contributor to organizations and charities in our community. Some of our efforts over the last five years include:
· Thanksgiving Community Service Project with Golden Harvest Food Bank. Our office donated 500 lbs. of food and sorted, prepared and packed over 16,000 lbs. of food.
· United Way’s campaign with the City of Augusta. Our office had 100% participation.
· Boys and Girls Club Christmas Adopt a Family program. Our office adopted 2 families and donated over $2,500 worth of employee gifts and delivered the gifts to the homes.
· MCG/GRU Grandparents Christmas Program. Our office adopted families for 2 years during the holidays and contributed over $4000 worth of employee gifts through a presentation with the children and the grandparents that care for them.
· New Bethlehem Center Thanksgiving Dinner program our office volunteered prepared and served dinner for over 100 senior citizens.
· Beulah Grove Baptist Church’s Thanksgiving Dinner program our office volunteered, purchased, prepared and served over $1000 worth of food to the community surrounding the church.
· Greater Mt. Canaan Missionary Baptist Church’s Thanksgiving Dinner program. Our office volunteered, purchased, prepared and served over $800.00 worth of food to the community surrounding the church.
· Youth Leadership Augusta program. Our office plans and administrates the program for Augusta area juniors in high school that culminates with working internships prior to their senior year in school.
· Child Enrichment Clothes Closet donation. Our office collected $1,500 worth of new items for the needs of abused children in our area.
· YMCA Christmas Angel Tree program. Our office collected toys and clothes worth over $1,500 to provide support for families in the CSRA.
- Keith Lively
- Trai & Felicia Williams
- John Flythe
- Donna Dawson
- James Reid
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more