Ryan is fighting for his life with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. His family needs your help.
Here’s his story:
Ryan has suffered with back pain since March 2020. It was subtle at first. After great discomfort, he worked through several appointments' worth of physical therapy and chiropractic services. Initially, these appointments helped but their effectiveness plateaued. The pain worsened. Then, on Tuesday January, 19th, he woke up to find his left leg completely swollen. Lisa, Ryan’s wife, rushed him to the ER. There, they discovered he had a massive blood clot from his hip down his leg stopping mid-calf. Through multiple procedures, his team of doctors discovered Ryan’s body is riddled with blood clots. ...from his lungs, to his legs, to his abdomen. They also discovered a 5” mass attached to his diaphragm and his pancreas.
After further tests, they were told on January 27th the worst news you can hear: at age 41, Ryan has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. His cancer has spread to his liver, colon, blood, and spleen. He is physically weak but emotionally and mentally strong. The next two weeks will be the toughest as doctors wait to see if Ryan’s body strengthens before starting Chemotherapy or Radiation.
The last two weeks have been a living nightmare for Ryan and Lisa's family. Their entire world has turned upside down. Ryan and Lisa have three young children: Jet, 8; Ezra, 6; and Adalia, 4. As you can imagine, this news has devastated everyone. They could use your help, support, and love now. Here are a few ways you can help:
1. Financial contributions to this GoFundMe account. All of the money donated goes directly to this amazing family to pay for treatments, hospital stays, and childcare when Ryan and Lisa are at medical appointments.
2. Share this GoFundMe link with others who may wish to contribute. You may share it on Facebook just please don't tag Ryan.
3. Any help with meals or running errands is always appreciated. Click on this link and it will take you to the Give In Kind website. There you can sign up for meals, to help run errands and to donate gift cards. https://www.giveinkind.com/inkinds/O6P2N7B
4. If you are unable to donate, please pray for God to heal Ryan of this cancer and for the strength of Lisa as she puts her warrior crown on to go head-to-head in this cancer battle. You can follow Ryan's health journey through the Caring Bridge website. I try and update daily on his health. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ryanberes
Please no flowers at this time as his dietician says his immune system is too weak be around them.
Many wonderful people are reaching out asking if they can help with childcare. Childcare is currently being provided through their home church but thank you for all the amazing offers.
Can you help Ryan, Lisa, and their three kids today? The last year has been hard on everyone, so any contribution, big or small, is greatly cherished.
Lisa and Ryan love and appreciate each and every one of you for your help and generosity during this horrible time.
I’m Katy Downs, and I currently live in Hutto, Texas. I'm raising funds for my best friend, Lisa. We met in Mother’s Day Out at Westside Christian Preschool in Round Rock, Texas, when both of our children attended. We have grown our friendship over the last 6 years, and our families' bond is strong.
My sole purpose in creating this page is to help alleviate the financial burden being thrown their way. The funds raised will be used to cover their medical bills, food, Ryan’s treatment, childcare costs, and other unanticipated expenses.
I have already set up automatic deposits to go directly to Lisa’s bank account at Wells Fargo Bank in Cedar Park, Texas. All three cities named are in Williamson County, Texas.
- Amanda SanClemente
- Kendra Corbett
- Lauren Saphier
- Nicole Gabriele Schertzer
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more