Support our campaign and we will sail to deliver your voice.
We are The Coconuts , a family of sailors who for a decade lived a nomadic life aboard our eco-sailboat (engineless) and now we tackle the world of professional sailboat racing.Our mission is to...
• race with a purpose
• create a campaign that gives voice to the people
Our goal is to...
RESIST: hostility, racism, inequality, dishonesty and threats to the environment
REPRESENT: equality, freedom, peace, the truth, and environmental conservation (especially that of the oceans).
We are building a state-of-the-art racing boat.
Our plan with this boat is to participate in races throughout Europe, UK, the Caribbean and the USA to spread your voice and reach as many people as possible through press and media coverage.
• A Prototype Class Mini 6.50 (21 feet long)
• Designed by Guillaume Verdier , the top naval architect of our times
• A full carbon fiber construction
• Equipped with a canting keel and T-rudders
• At the forefront of innovation with the latest Y foil design
• A professional skipper and boat builder who's ingenuity and skills allow us to do-it-ourselves and keep costs low
• A professional media-person, photographer and filmmaker who's able to provide coverage and reach for this project
• A group of international multi-lingual kids who's role in this project is of great importance, they are to inspire and teach other kids about sailboat racing and environmental awareness, especially that of the oceans where they have grown up in
• finish building the boat
• participate in the European racing circuit
• participate in the acclaimed MiniTransat race
• participate in multiple races throughout the U.K., the U.S.A., and the Caribbean
• set some new records and attempt to break other existing records (detailed info only available to donors)
* this is a 2 year project, we will post updates so our donors can follow the campaign
• race with a purpose, unite and fight for our rights, send the message that we will fight for freedom
• rally a large group of participants DONORS who share the same beliefs and who want to be a part of this campaign
• make a lot of buzz and get a lot of press to get our united voices heard and our message across
• give voice to the people who are against injustice by placing your personal quotes on the boat
• the boat will cost approx. €55,000 to build
- full carbon fibre hull and mast
- foils that will make the boat fly
- canting keel
*since we are building and managing the project ourselves we are able to keep costs low, at a shipyard this construction would cost approx. €150,000
• getting the boat ready for racing will cost approx. €60,000
- 7 customized sails €15,000
- electronics and safety equipment €20,000
- rigging and hardware €10,000 (winches, pullies, etc)
- insurance €5,000 (obligatory for racing)
- racing season expenses €10,000 (race fees and docking)
• for a strong marketing campaign we will need approx. €10,000
- final art design for boat and sails
- painting of sails and boat
- Quotes-on-Boat design and painting
- photography and video at races and documenting this whole campaign
- press and media outreach as well as an active social-media platform to get exposure and get our voices heard
*since we do most of this ourselves we are able to keep costs low
*the budget covers the costs for a 2 year long campaign!
- Pablo Saad
- Carolyn Thompson
- Frímann Frímannsson
- Sandro Audrey Frédéric Champagne
- Famille Pérès
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more