Our mission is to heal our racial divide. Our programs work to transform the ever-present energy of white supremacy that historically and still today permeates the culture, structures and policies of the United States.
Our mission is to guide participants to “sit in the fire” of racial discomfort to process difficult, stuck, and inflamed emotions. We seek to eradicate anti-Black racist beliefs and the myth of white supremacy. We believe that conflict is a gift pointing toward meaningful change and healing and that every voice matters.
Gofundme donations will pay for organizing, developing and facilitating virtual and live retreats and educational teachings in 2021 offered by expert members of the Racial Justice Collaborative.
Donors will benefit by:
- supporting this and other healing racism projects paying for work developing workshops and retreats open to the public. Including supplies, crew, creating videos, editing, facilitators, presenters, and equipment
- honoraria and expenses for trainings and workshops created and delivered by people of color and committed white allies
- compensating facilitators and trainers for work to develop trainings, and workshops
- responding to the needs and requests of interested people from the community
- donors can participate in the campaign to end white supremacy by joining the Racial Justice Collaborative during their educational events and retreats
RJC's Truth Campaign 2021
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly."
- Martin Luther King, Jr. "Letter from Birmingham Jail," April 16, 1963
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana,1905
Friends, for hundreds of years in the United States, white supremacy fostered and perpetuated violence against Black people. Now we must commit to examining our national history of using violence, murder, and terror to suppress Black lives. To comprehend the depth of our racial divide, we must look into our hearts and minds. Once we see, we can begin to move forward toward healing.
We believe that one may get to justice and resolution by confrontation with facts without shame or blame.
- Elaine O'Reilly
- Lilly Benham
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more