In 2018 the Queer Fam Fund (QFF), a fundraising and outreach program, was created to prioritize the margnialized and underrepresented, namely: Black people, people of color, and trans and non-binary people. This philanthropic effort, subsidized entirely by donations and fundraisers, extends a free Campout experience to members of these communities so that they may enjoy the festival free of financial strain. QFF alleviates the cost of the Four Quarters camping fee, meals, camping gear, and travel. The ticket fee is also waived for recipients, which is Honcho's contribution to the fund. In its inaugural year, the goal was exceeded and every applicant, 22 in total, was invited to join the festivities. In 2019 we upped that number to 30, and in 2021, thanks to the generosity of donors, we doubled that number to 60!
QFF continues this year to further make good on its original goal: to ensure that Campout meaningfully serves the diversified queer community. Our 2022 goal is 70 recipients and we are very excited to continue expanding on what we’ve established.
Other than this GFM campaign, The QFF is financed by three other sources:
1. $15 dollars from every ticket sale.
2. Donations during check-out: When purchasing a Campout ticket, an option is included to add a contribution to QFF.
3. Fundraising events
The application process for QFF 2022 launches on March 9th, 2022 and will end on April 15, 2022. The benefits provided to QFF recipients are detailed below:
1. General Admission Ticket: The general admission ticket will be waived for each recipient.
2. Travel Stipend: This will be used to cover travel costs (bus ticket, portion of an airline ticket, gas money, etc.). We understand that everyone has different circumstances and we will try to accommodate as best as possible. More information will be made available to recipients upon acceptance to the program.
3. Meals: The meal plan includes brunch and dinner, Wednesday through Sunday. Both meat and veggie options will be available and special diets are taken into consideration.
4. Camping Gear: the Basic Camping Package from Outdoors Geek is provided which includes a roomy tent, a sleeping bag, and sleeping pads. All tents and equipment are set up for recipients prior to their arrival. Recipients are also welcome to use their camping gear if they choose to.
5. Facilities Fee: This fee, which all campers pay as part of their General Admission Ticket, is covered..
Visit honchocampout.com/qff to read more about Campout, QFF, our safety and wellness plan, and to apply.