Honcho Campout Queer Fam Fund 2023
In our fifth year of ensuring Honcho Campout is as diverse and inclusive as the queer community at large, we’re delighted to launch Queer Fam Fund 2023!
Queer Fam Fund (QFF) prioritizes the joy, inclusion, and communal care of Black, Indigenous, people of color, and trans and/or non-binary individuals at Honcho Campout. Through fundraising and societal engagement, QFF reduces cultural and financial barriers that hinder our recipients from the festival experience. In turn, QFF seeks to impact culture-at-large by championing community and cultivating sacred bonds that expand beyond the festival.
This program, subsidized entirely by donations and fundraisers, alleviates the financial hurdles that may prevent the most marginalized of our community from attending–more on that below. Since 2018, QFF has proudly sponsored nearly 200 recipients, and we’re excited to welcome a new round of recipients this August. Campout has evolved beautifully and irrevocably because of this program and, with your help, we can continue to expand upon and improve it every year.
In addition to crowdfunding, QFF is financed by $15 dollars from every ticket sale; donations during check-out (an option is included to add a contribution to QFF with the purchase of every Campout ticket); and fundraising events and sales.
The application process for QFF 2023 launches on February 24th and concludes on March 17th. The benefits provided to QFF recipients are detailed below.
1. General Admission Ticket: The general admission ticket will be waived for each recipient.
2. Travel Stipend: This will be used to cover travel costs (bus ticket, portion of an airline ticket, gas money, etc.).Everyone has different circumstances and we try to accommodate as best as possible.
3. Meals: The meal plan includes dinner on Wednesday, brunch and dinner Thursday through Sunday, and breakfast Monday morning. Both meat and veggie options will be available and special diets are taken into consideration.
4. Camping Gear: A basic camping package which includes a roomy tent, a sleeping bag, and sleeping pads. All tents and equipment are set up for recipients prior to their arrival. Recipients are also welcome to use their own camping gear if they choose to.
5. Facilities Fee: This fee, which all campers pay as part of their General Admission Ticket, is covered
Visit honchocampout.com/qff to read more about Campout, QFF, and to apply.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters