On Wednesday, August 24, our house burned to the ground. The fire started as we were asleep, and all we could do was grab what we could and get out. It was an electrical fire which started in the (now charred) garage and spread to the home. It is a complete loss.
We need help to rebuild and to replace all the items we've lost. We took in cats and dogs that were abandoned and gave them a family. Much of our money was spent for vet bills and other necessities.
Our pets were like their children, and they were spoiled with outdoor enclosures and special nightly cuddle sessions. (You can see one burned up above.)
By the time we saw the smoke the fire was already consuming the garage. My husband, step father, and I each tried to get in and save the garage cats. It was just too hot and smokey for us.
This was a huge setback for us and a terrible heartache losing 6 cats is taking a toll. We have nowhere to live and nowhere to call home.
Two of the cats pictured above, Mater (l) and Pebbles (r) are playing and waiting at Rainbow Bridge. Mater loved snuggles, keeping the younger cats in line, and "killing" his pet mice and sharing them with us. He chose the house years ago and found the accommodations so agreeable that he never left. Pebbles was just about to turn 2, was the princess of the family, but always had time for a pet or a treat. Both were such sweet cats.
The other cat, Marty, lived in the garage and jumped through fire to save himself. He's a true hero. He's another who loves snuggles, and he's been getting all y the attention he wants.
Please help my family rebuild their lives.
- Chip Channell
- Greta Starrett
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more