PSBcreative?! Who are we? What are we about? Why are we trying to start our own Arts Center?
PSBcreative was founded and is staffed by arts professionals and dedicated educators. Singers, directors, artists, dancers, writers, production designers, costumer designers, composers, instrumentalists, even a magician - are all part of the PSBcreative core team.
Through our many innovative productions (both indoors and open-air), we have earned a reputation for excellence in the arts. Our participants develop invaluable life skills. Our programs are true community builders. Our PSBcreative family grows each year as new performers join us while past performers continue to come back. We have a huge following with students in elementary through college. We produce known works and also create original titles.
Presently our company's costumes, props, scenic pieces, etc., are stored in our founder's home. After 13 years, that's a lot of stuff! We drive the needed items to and from rehearsals, classes, and shows. We know we can do so much more and reach so many more people if only we had our own facility.
We've also realized that in our area, there is a need for our kind of arts education. At PSBcreative, there's a valued and respected role for everyone. We want to create life enriching opportunities for all people - all ages, all backgrounds, and all abilities - through quality arts experiences.
These factors and many more have led us to the realization that in order for us to continue to grow, and for us to reach as many people as possible in the community, PSBcreative needs our own facility.
Our "blue sky" dream of an arts center includes:
- Our own facility. One that is safe and assessible to all people.
- A main stage interior theatre.
- An amphiteatre to house our open-air productions.
- A dance studio.
- A fine arts studio.
- Gallery areas.
- Classroom / practice areas for lessons / classes / camps.
- A theatre craft workshop.
- A reception area with food / drink components.
- Storage to hold our inventory of props, costumes and scenery in a manner that would allow us to offer these pieces to neighboring schools and programs.
All of the above would allow us to:
- Continue to produce arts events for all in our community.
- Create our productions "in-house" using environmentally responsible methods.
- Offer a city quality destination for school trips while being located in the suburbs.
- Sponsor festivals.
- Host private & community events.
- Hold open mic nights and guest artist lectures / clinics / performances.
-Offer internships and apprentice opportunities.
- Build partnerships with other arts organizations worldwide.
-Grow in a safe, welcoming and pleasant space that fosters creativity & growth for all.
We will become a beacon of culture, education, inspiration (and yes, entertainment) for all in metro Atlanta.
Please contact us for any additional information.
Thank you for your support!