Hi, my name is Mirgina and I am raising money for my family in Haiti. Following the recent political and economic crises, and the earthquake and tropical storms that devastated the country, Haiti is once again in a state of emergency. Impacted areas, where much of my family reside, include Port-au-Prince, Jeremy, Jacmel, and Saint-Marc.
Many Haitians, including my family, are desolate. The loss of life and housing is high. The lack of infrastructure and the effects of natural disasters have blocked access to vital resources that were already scarce. My family is in dire need of food, water, and necessaries.
Meet the family
My aunt and uncle have six children and my other aunt has three young children.
How will the funds be used?
1. $1,620 will provide twelve family members with three meals a day for a month. To feed each member is only $1. 50 a meal. We aim to feed them for at least two months or until the effects of the recent emergency subside.
2. $100 will provide them with fuel such as charcoal and gas for cooking and kerosene lamps. Electricity is normally distributed by the government once a day for an hour. Due to the current political and economic state, Haitians no longer receive this service.
3. $300 will provide them with tents and mosquito netting, which they will be able to purchase from the neighboring market. Due to the crack in the foundation of their cinder block/cement home caused by the quake, and its subsequent partial collapse, it is unsafe for them to live indoors. They currently live outside, exposed to rain and flooding from tropical storms. Mosquitos are also a concern because they pose health risks such as transmitting malaria.
4. $100 will provide them with sanitation and hygiene products which includes water, soap, and feminine products. Water is normally extracted from the well. It has since collapsed and is inaccessible.
5. $100 will provide them with phone cards so they can connect internationally. International calls cost $1-2 a minute. Without reliable access to the internet and phone, keeping in touch during emergencies is difficult.
While it is hard to itemize the needs, we identified these as the most urgent needs.
Your financial donation will help my family survive the upcoming months. Anything in excess will provide long-term stability, ensuring their security and survival.
Words cannot express our gratitude. Still, I thank you so much for reading, sharing, and donating. My family is eager to personally express their gratitude to donors. Please reach out if you'd like to connect with them.
DonationsSee top donations
- Barbara Mouly
- Kayla Huff
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more