This year has been one of our most critical years….. And It Is Not COVID related!
“Our Purpose” is to preserve and educate. We have preserved /maintained the buildings and grounds however, all these issues have arisen almost simultaneously and paying for them will completely deplete our operating budget and emergency fund savings.
In additional to being closed for over a year and a half, we have incurred and still need to address some extraordinary expenses.
• The structural foundation of the Museum is causing damage to the building and must be repaired by a specialized contractor. To be followed by concrete replacement and ground levelling to divert water from the museum.
• Museum Roof has significant leaks on the second and third stories
• Archive’s roof must be replaced
• Archives HVAC unit had to be replaced
Other expenses incurred:
• Grounds Issues: Major tree branches falling onto street and parking lot, continuous short-term repairs to original sprinkler system due to lack of funds to replace in entirety, damage to property by persons unknown/vandalism.
• Have had to take additional Security measures: Exterior Lights and Locks.
Please help us preserve your history by donating to the HSSNM “THERE IS HOPE FUND”.
The HSSNM has a goal to raise $69,000 by October 1, 2021.
- JANE Anglin
Your donation matters