Her mother along with her pediatrician at first thought she just had croup and they went from there. Her symptoms were not getting any better with the continued care her parents were providing. About 2 days or so later, mom realized this had to be more. Mommy instincts were spot on! Mom realized a small battery was missing from their remote control. She did some research and learned that Reese matched all of the symptoms of battery burns. They got Reese in for an X-ray right away and discovered that she did indeed ingest the small battery.
At this point it had been lodged in her little throat for days. This has unfortunately caused major damage to her little throat, esophagus, and vocal cords. She has been a very sick little girl and is currently in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at UMC awaiting transport to Texas Children's in Houston, TX, There she will receive the care she needs to start to heal.
Mom (Trista) is a hairstylist and has not left Reese's side. Dad (Chris) owns and operates his own business, Hamsmith Motor Company. The bills and expenses have already started to pile up and take a toll on the family. This GoFundMe will help with travel expenses to Houston, Bills that will go unpaid due to being out of work and medical bills.
Please consider giving what you can, $5, $10 or more will help this little family and their current situation. If you are not able to give financially, the family could use your thoughts and prayers.
- Guadalupe Berrios
- Sharla Aquino
- Anthony Garibaldi
- Jessie Magana
Fundraising team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more