1) Who we are: We are a group of Friends who live outside of our Home Island We have known each other for over 15 years. Marlon Giraudel (Houston), Olstan Esprit (Canada), Warren Thomas (Canada), Sampson Latouche (New York) and Elbert Cuffy (London).
2) Where you're from: We were all raised in the village called "Jimmit" in the Island Dominica which was hit by Huricane Maria. However, we currently reside overseas, but maintain a close relationship via socia media chat groups on Facebook and Whatsapp.
3) Relationship to the parties you're raising funds for: We are raising funds to assist our parents and family by extension who live in Dominica where the food supply is low and the entire country has been devastated by the storm.
4) How will the funds be used: To purchase dry food items, canned foods, water etc and shipping it in bulk to Dominica out of New York.
5) The withdrawal of the money is to go towards debit card purchases at Wholesale Outlets in the US and also to pay for the shipping.
As everyone looking at the news should be aware, Hurricane Maria has totally devastated our Home Country, Dominica. Thousands are now without Food, Water and Basic Commodities and homeless. Those who do have some supplies available are running short. The main supermarkets in the City have all been looted. The shelves are now empty with nothing available.
As a result, a group of us from the Village of Jimmit are teaming up to assist our families and close friends. We are working towards shipping out several barrels loaded with Dry Food Items and other basic commodities.
A contribution of any amount will be appreciated. We are looking to cover the cost of buying the supplies and also Shipping to the island which is pretty expensive. The members of this team are spread out through out Canada, Texas, New York and England. The items are being shipping out of New York, down to Florida and then to Dominica.
We NEED your help and we NEED you to encourage your friends and their friends and the friends of their friends to assist us.
For More Information, Please Call: 346-814-3462
If you are in the New York are and would like to donate dry food items or commodities, send a text to the number provided.
Thank You for your Kindness.
- Catesby Holmes
- Rebecca Vandyke
- Theodore Herman
- Beverly Julien