We want to bring back (virtually) the most important poet and the most controversial philosopher of the 20th Centruy to let them continue the dialogue they started in the Black Forest....
The Decentralized Autonomous Installation is a work of innovative engineering, algorithms, and the SEEDS community to uncover artfully collective blindspots through philosophy, nature, and poetry. It will re-generate a conversation between Paul Celan and Martin Heidegger by using solar and wind energy to generate electricity for the AI language completion programs.
In addition, it will engage and be co-created by the SEEDs community. As a 'Heideggerian Gestell', it swings as a metaxy between the non-neutral nature of technic as well as the fascination with artificial intelligence. The installation embodies the ambiguity of our natural and/or artificial futures ahead of us. It serves as an embodied hauntology (a term developed by Derrida), reminding us of the increasing absence of 'presencing' (translation for Heidegger's term "anwesend") to start a dialogue and sense-making journey.
The haunting „ghosts in the machine“ of Heidegger and Celan are only connected through the winds, the sun, and trees of the Black Forest where they last met. Taking the form of a wind turbine with environmental sensors, a weatherproof computer, and a 4G uplink, the installation ‘feeds’ from wind gusts, sun power, and storms bringing them back as virtual ghosts.
The turbine and panel are placed in the black forest (hopefully) close to the side of Heideggers Hut using the sun and natural winds to generate electricity. Stored in battery packs the energy is used to power the language completion program and the Seeds community engagement. Any rewards contributed to the Poetree Gestell X are used to expand the virtual and physical installation making it an evolving, decentralized piece of art.
1. The project embraces radical sincerity as well as irony as it is often described in metamodernism.
2. Through the installation awareness around transhumanism, AI, and existential questions of what it means to be human are raised, all connected to renewable energy.
3. The installation also offers an ironic twist in framing Heidegger in a frame - something he warned about.
4. What could be more sincere and ironic at the same time then bringing back virtually the most important (Jewish-German) poet of the 20th Century, who wrote in the language of the murderer of his mother, and Heidegger, the most influential and controversial philosopher of the 20th Century, in a Gestell?
5. It is also a regenerative community project, combining the virtual Seeds Currency community and the local Black Forest School of Metamodernism to engage in deeper sensemaking and meaning-making around cultural shadows and how to overcome/integrate collective trauma.
6. One way or the other you will be able to support and engage in the project and the Seeds Community!
7. Can we help so they continue the conversation they started but never finished?
Challenges and Risks
Currently, the first financing in form of the cryptocurrency Seeds (3500 US Dollar) has helped to kickstart the project. The basic material cost of the project is covered, however, the work time of the artist and builders is not calculated in the project as well as expenses for technical advice, community building, and the organization of several events around the art installation. One risk is that we simply need to work too much as freelancers and are not able to focus enough time and resources to work from an abundant and regenerative place. Due to the innovative and new approach of the project, we are sure to meet unexpected challenges. Funding and support help us to talk and engage with the right experts to guarantee the overall quality and durability of the project.
How we plan to overcome these hurdles:
1. Strong and committed volunteers to support the project
2. The innovative crypto-based Seeds network offers bright minds and support
3. Simplicity is complexity in the right cup - we make sure our cup is big enough
4. The project originated as a deep calling and is 100% purpose-driven
Other Ways You Can Help
You can definitely help in many ways:
1. Please share our campaign with friends, and post it on social media
2. Talk to friends, families, and co-workers about it!
3. Support us with donating hardware for the project
3. Support us with your technical knowledge (electricity, remote control of Laptops, alternative energy, language completion programming, etc.)
5. Be part of the evolving Regenerative Community of Seeds: The Conscious Currency
Learn more about the Black Forest School of Metamodernism:
Learn more about the Seeds Community:
- Philipp Krumpt
- Philip Stoll
- Verena Henkel
Your donation matters
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more