You care about living a beautiful life. You want to make things better for those you love and for the world. We do, too. :)
Let's Work Together to Make It Real
Will you consider being a partner with us—to help PoeticEarthMonth.com bring life-changing goodness to you and others?
Our model is simple. We work to help people preserve a beautiful way of life and contribute to their health and well-being by:
1. Encouraging discovery
2. Stirring connection and care
3. Providing simple ideas
Our current approaches are to...
• build an Art Gallery series where people can experience life and peace and inspiration. Besides providing a much-needed soul-building place on the Internet, the gallery will seek to connect people more deeply with our world
• develop education resources like the 30 Days, 30 Poems Challenge offered during the month of April (Poetic Earth Month/National Poetry Month), to help people understand how climate breakdown affects us and help them connect to and care about it
• initiate a “what can we do today” movement, which offers simple, practical ideas for creating lifestyles that are beautiful and satisfying, plus help prevent and reverse climate breakdown
• provide inspiration and sustaining hope, through a Literary Library which features video, poetry and story. This library aims to inspire individuals as they continue to build beautiful lives and preserve a beautiful world.
Where Will Your Partnership Pledge Go?
• We'll create commercially printed materials that can be placed in stores and at organizations that are partnering with us
• We'll develop a print and e-book version of the 2019 30 Days, 30 Poems Challenge
• We'll keep PoeticEarthMonth.com on a fast and secure server, to keep your reading experience pleasant and the site consistently available (smaller, less-secure servers tend to crash at the most inopportune times)
• We'll pay for a newsletter mail service, to help you and others keep current with all the goodness that appears at Poetic Earth Month
• We'll create helpful and beautiful content on-site—paying talented editors, writers, photographers, and videographers to do the work. For instance, it's our goal to create at least 30 "art galleries" in preparation for next year's National Poetry Month celebration, and we'll then use the galleries as a basis for a new 30 Days, 30 Poems Challenge
• We'll keep the site ad-free and meditative
The call has gone out from the UN Secretary-General to leaders and to "the public everywhere" to address climate breakdown before 2020. This call must reach every segment of society, and it must provide rapid understanding of the issue, a sense of connection to and care about the issue, and simple actions that individuals can take to help turn things around. It must also, we believe, offer a deep call to life.
No moment would be too soon to begin. So we've already started.
Join us? We'd love to have you along for the beautiful ride.