On the early hours of Sunday June 9th, a tragic housefire occurred and took the life a beloved family member, Ronnie Ray Hall. Although Ronnie's aunt, (Rose Hall), his uncle, (Tommy Sallee), whom he lived with for 15 years, and cousin (Marty Stidam), tried to extinguish the flames themselves, before the fire department even arrived, it was to no avail. The smoke was so thick that you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. Two family members rushed to Ronnie's room, where the fire had originated, but it was already too late. The fire was burning far too hot for anyone to go inside without proper equipment and gear, and even the firefighters had trouble going in, due to the extreme temperatures and thickness of the smoke.
Though the actual fire was contained in that one room, there is extensive damage throughout the rest of the home as well. There is massive damage to the ceilings, and some parts of them have caved in. The carpet needs to be completely removed throughout the entire home, due to the amount of water damage it has sustained. The wiring has to be inspected and repaired before they can turn the electricity and water back on. This needs to be taken care of immediately, in order to avoid further problems that will occur, and prevent mold from growing. The furniture and clothing that was in the home is completely ruined, along with many other of their personal belongings and necessities. The upstairs windows (that were broken during the attempt to put the fire out) need to be replaced to protect the home from inclement weather, possible break-ins, and potential pest infestation. There is other significant damage within the house that has not been listed here, but also needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the home was not insured, due to the high cost of insurance, and financial difficulties they were facing at the time. Because of this, they are now displaced and are staying with relatives, but they need to get back into their home quickly.
We are asking you that you please donate anything that you can spare to help Rose Hall and Tommy Sallee fix their home. This has been such a difficult time for the family, as they just suffered both the loss of a loved one and are now homeless. They are emotionally and physically exhausted from this tragedy. Any donation would be greatly appreciated, as every little bit counts. This event has devastated them, it has left them shattered and broken, and they are struggling to rebuild both their lives, and their home.