They had just made their dream purchase in Capell Valley three months ago. It was a children's paradise with goats, sheep, ducks and chickens.
Late on October 8th, Daniel received a phone call that a fire was threatening Poetry Inn (our workplace). Without hesitation he jumped out of bed and drove to work to evacuate our guests. He stayed until he knew each and every one of them had found another hotel to stay at. When he was finally on his way back home he realized that the fire was spreading rapidly and that his home was being threatened as well. Neither Daniel nor his family had enough time to pack any clothes, documents, or any of the important things that truly make a home.
The family as well as their two dogs were able to escape the flames. Everything else was lost.
Their sheep, chickens, goats and orange tabby cat, Vinnie had to stay behind. Firefighters found the remains last week.
The situation is very traumatic for the children who haven't just lost their home but also their furry little friend Vinnie.
Luckily, all four of them are safe and unharmed, but they have nothing except the clothes they were wearing that night.
Please help Daniel, Lizzette, Leo & Merit to get back on their feet. They are a wonderful family who would never ask anyone for help but wouldn't think twice to help others in need. Even the smallest amount would mean so much to them.
DonationsSee top donations
- Katya Peisert
- Lisa & Michael Acierno
- Wes Kabance
- Brett and Nicole Glass
- Kristina Jetton
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more