Philip Gutter was a talented, kind, and determined boy who died decades too soon. In his memory, we are raising funds to build "Philip's Supreme Court" an impressive outdoor basketball court that will be located at Bayside Middle School in Bayside, Wisconsin. Philip attended Bayside Middle School as a fifth grader and was scheduled to begin his sixth grade year.
Philip loved basketball and enjoyed being on the Nicolet Junior Knights Basketball team. Philip and his brother Evan's beloved and caring father, Booker Gutter, coached both sons on the team. Philip's Supreme Court is particularly meaningful to Booker and Evan given Philip's love of basketball.
Booker with his sons Philip and Evan
Brothers Philip and Evan with loving parents, Booker and Megan.
Philip also aspired to be the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Hence, "Philip's Supreme Court."
Philip's Supreme Court will feature a durable and safe surface. We have partnered with RRECC x SNAPSPORTS WI to retrofit the existing outdoor basketball court with two new regulation goals and SnapSports athletic surfacing. The court will be lined and covered with custom logos and Philip's #33 will appear at centercourt. Thousands of children and teenagers will enjoy playing basketball on this court for decades to come. This is such a beautiful and appropriate way to honor a boy who touched the hearts of all who were blessed to know him.
Sample rendering below:
Philip, age 11, along with his cherished mom and grandfather died in a tragic car accident. His loyal and loving brother Evan, age 12, survived the accident. Evan lives with his caring father Booker and together they support one another through their grief.
Philip's Supreme Court will be a lasting tribute to a very special boy. Booker shared with us that Philip used to say "Celebrate what's right with the world." While his loss is a horrific tragedy, this court will indeed allow us to celebrate his beautiful legacy.
We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities available including "Megan's Benches" which will be a special seating area in memory of Philip and Evan's loving mom, Megan. She enjoyed attending her son's games and these benches will pay tribute to a very kind and caring mom.
Megan with her sons Evan and Philip
Special thanks to the Milwaukee North Shore Rotary Club for sponsorship our Honorary and Memorial Brick Walkway that will be located adjacent to Philip's Supreme Court. All contributions of $150 or more will include the opportunity to engrave a brick with a message of your choice. These engraved bricks will surround Philip's Supreme Court. If you make a $150 (or greater) contribution, we will be in touch or you can message one of the organizers Neil Willenson. Already, 25 engraved bricks have been sold!
You can also contact Neil Willenson if you are interested in a larger sponsorship opportunity.
Special thanks to the Fox Point Bayside School District for your support and willingness to host Philip's Supreme Court on your school grounds.
The Hometown Heroes, Inc. charity based in Grafton, Wisconsin is acting as the fiscal steward for this campaign. They are not charging any administrative fees. 100 percent of your contribution will be utilized to build Philip's Supreme Court. This project is being conducted entirely by volunteers. No one is receiving a salary or wages so 100 percent of your contribution will be spent on the Court itself.
Top Ways You Can Support Philip's Supreme Court:
1) Make a financial contribution of any amount. 100 percent of your contribution will be utilized for Philip's Supreme Court.
2) Click "Share." Share this fundraiser on your social media. Email your family, friends and colleagues. Thanks for spreading the word.
3) T-shirts will soon be for sale and 100 percent of your purchase will be utilized for the Court.
4) Arrange a contribution from your company, youth group, religious institution or civic organization. All contributions are tax-deductible.
5) For a $150 or greater contribution, you can purchase a brick that can be engraved with the message of your choice. Click the "Contact" button to inquire. The engraved bricks will surround Philip's Supreme Court at Bayside Middle School. Thank you to the Milwaukee North Shore Rotary Club for your sponsorship of this area.
6) Bring your extra coins (there is a national shortage right now) to your local bank and contribute the proceeds to this campaign.
7) Large sponsorships are available for the durable hoops (approximately $2,600 each), a lockable storage container for basketballs, and more. Click "Contact" to inquire.
We thank you for your generous support. Together we hope to dedicate Philip's Supreme Court in Spring 2021.
Booker with his sons, Evan and Philip