PGC Spring 2023 Fund Drive
Since 2005, the Pittsburgh Girls Choir has been committed to transforming the lives of our choristers by creating communities of compassion, excellence, and mutual respect. While our focus is on teaching the beauty of music and performance, we also prioritize teaching self-confidence and leadership through an exemplary music education program for girls in first through twelfth grades, as well as a women's choir. One of the core values of our organization is service. We teach our choristers that performance is not about self-glorification, but rather is an act of service to audiences.
This Spring, we ask you to please consider making a donation to the Pittsburgh Girls Choir. Your gift will go directly towards supporting the experiences of our choristers.
All proceeds raised from our Spring fund drive will help us:
- Provide scholarship support for students in need
- Support our Via Local Tour in May and Concentio National Tour in June
- Support our annual Sing for Service Program, which brings our girls out of the concert hall and into our community in a significant way. Through this program, we visit with and perform for various organizations around Pittsburgh, including senior care facilities and children’s programs.
- Provide meaningful performance experiences for our choirs, such as our Holocaust Memorial Day concert, "The Beauty That Still Remains." As well as events like this year's Mother's Day Concert & Tea hosted by our Training Choirs.
- Keep our performances affordable or free to the public and the families of our choristers.
We are committed to making sure our doors are open to any girl or woman who wishes to sing. We do this through our sliding scale tuition model, which makes tuition more affordable across the socioeconomic spectrum.
That being said, tuition covers less than 50% of our total annual expenses. What does it take to keep the Pittsburgh Girls Choir singing, and how are those costs paid for…
Besides paying our talented teaching staff, and covering rent and rehearsal materials such as music, many other expenses go into making our program run successfully behind the scenes. These expenses include the cost of insurance, performance rights, administrative costs, marketing, our website, and more. Through the generosity of our community and donors like you, we are proud to be able to keep our tuition affordable while also providing an incredible experience for our choirs.
This year we finally returned to our first fully in-person season since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. Now, more than ever, we are committed to rebuilding stronger than before and providing a music education program that will benefit and stay with our students for their entire lives.
Please join us this Spring and help us keep the Pittsburgh Girls Choir flourishing for generations to come!
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Pittsburgh Girls Choir
Pittsburgh Girls Choir
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.