On the evening of February 16th, Chuck and Carol Petrosky were watching two of their grandchildren when they smelled smoke and felt heat inside of their home. By the time they realized what was happening, a fire moved into the walls and ceiling of the home they built and have lived in for over 40 years. They were able to get out of the home and everyone is safe. Unfortunately, the damage had already occurred. Through the heroic efforts of our local volunteer fire fighters, they were able to extinguish the fire before the home was a complete loss. However, a tremendous amount of fire, smoke, and water damage devastated the only home they have ever known with everything inside. Unfortunately other families have experienced such a tragedy, but thankfully no one was hurt and over time the home will be rebuilt. Chuck and Carol have worked hard every day of their lives to raise three children and make sure they always had a warm bed and food on the table. They are two of the most caring, loving, and giving people anyone could know and the last thing they would ever want is to ask for any type of help. This is a time when they will need help and support. The funds collected will be used to replace the items that were destroyed by the fire, smoke, and water. Insurance will help to some degree but they will not be able to replace everything. Any help is appreciated but prayers are always welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to read their story and supporting any way you can. God bless.
￼Inside damage of the living room.