is changing lives:
* Training farmers in permaculture design and agro-ecological farming techniques
* Empowering farmers to integrate traditional knowledge with scientific understanding
* Supporting farmers in farmer-to-farmer extension to share local best practices
* Implementing a mobile phone platform to provide additional long-term support
* Demonstrating that land restored to its natural vigor can support a strong local economy alongside healthy, functioning ecosystems.
Farmers are our greatest allies in resolving both social and environmental problems. 70% of the world’s food is grown on small farms. It’s important to keep soil, water, air, and farmers healthy by farming with nature in mind.
The farmers participating in the first permEzone
pilot program in Asumbi in SW Kenya are hard at work developing designs for their model farms and building community networks.With your help
, the next permEzone pilot program will start training a new community of farmers in Sanje, Central Region of Uganda in 2019. Local Permaculture organization Broadfield Enterprises Uganda (BEU) is ready to provide a full permaculture design course for 20 Sanje farmers. For two years, BEU will support the trained farmers in developing model farms. These farmers will in turn work with 300 to 400 farmers in their community sharing knowledge and information. Help permEzone
empower the Sanje community to create a strong local economy, meet their nutritional needs, and improve the health of the environment through eco-social resilience. Please donate
whatever you can and share this appeal as widely as possible. Help us take permEzone to the next level!
permEzone is a project of Empowerment WORKS, a 501c3 for-impact organization registered in the USA (EIN: 31-179-6801)www.permezone.org