We need your help in cultivating an environment for all to experience sustainable agriculture by engaging people in growing, harvesting and cooking healthy food.
Our EcoGarden is a beautiful organic garden located in Mt. Auburn/OTR. Since 2010 Permaganic, Co has been stewarding the garden. This is where we run our Summer Youth Intern Program. The program teaches youth in the community how to plan, plant, harvest, enjoy and market fresh fruits and vegetables.
Accomplishments in 2020:
- 250 hours of youth programming for 10 dedicated youth interns from July to October 2020
- 1,500 pounds of produce grown on site by our interns and volunteers and distributed, to those in need in the community
- 800 community meals served by volunteers out of our Main Street Kitchen
- 4,000 pounds of rescued food distributed thorough our pantry and at Cincinnati Public Schools Covid support food drop offs
- 1,200 hours of volunteer time from sustaining volunteers, neighborhood and religious groups.
We need you to keep our EcoGarden alive and thriving! Our goal this summer is to reach $50,000 in donations to ensure that we continue serving our community and our youth within the nourishing practices of permaculture.
- Amy Shelton
- Chris Grunden
- Chris Chatfield
- Judy Williams
- WALTER REINHAUS