Hi, our names are Laetitia and Clémence: we live in Geneva, Switzerland - we are both passionate about mountaineering and social impact; we are the co-founders of Peaks4All, a recognized public-interest Swiss-based nonprofit since 2021.
Peaks4All aims to support the integration of the refugees in Switzerland through mountaineering sports. Sports and physical activity are proven to be a powerful tool for inclusion, human connections, post-traumatic stress relief and promoting good health. (resource e.g.: UNHCR) It is also an excellent way to learn French, ultimately increasing their chances of getting a job and starting a new thriving life in Switzerland.
1. We strongly believe that involving our beneficiaries in regular sports & training activities we will be able to :
- Help them overcome the stress related to their refugees status
- Allow them to feel better, mentally and physically and earn real trust
2. We strongly believe that sport is a strong catalyst for social integration. Through our program, we will create numerous connections :
- Amongst the refugees community, creating a helping family spirit
- With the Swiss people : volunteers, guides and friends of the association
- With the Swiss culture, building a deep understanding of it and increasing their chances to get a job and learn French faster
So, what do we actually do ?
Peaks4All organizes regular activities, on a bi-weekly basis. (hiking, climbing, snowshoeing, running, alpinism, etc.)
One of our most ambitious goal was reached last 13th-14th of August: we were the first group of 6 refugees to climb the Bishorn, a Swiss 4'000m summit in Valais area. We got the support from 2 mountaineering professional volunteers, and Ermewa Group was our main financial support. We continuously seek donations in order to propose more diverse and inclusive activities to the refugees.
How will your donation be used? (For about 45 beneficiaires today)
Specialized Mountaineering Equipment
Mountaineering professional fees
Food and beverages
*If you're a Swiss resident, your donation is tax-deductible.
Special thanks & contributions
By donating and trusting in our project, you will become part of our special contributors' family, and we want to thank you for any of the help you'll be bringing to our project.