On the evening of Friday, August 4th, 2017, at 7:15pm the John and Elene Pawlu family received a phone call from the Sheriff that their home in Pierz was on fire. They were at the Crow Wing county fair at the time helping their 2 kids tend to their animals and enjoying the festivities.
By the time John and Elene were able to get home, the fire was fully involved completely destroying the 1st story and most of the 2nd story of their home, with smoke and water damage to the rest.
At around 5:00am on the morning of Saturday, August 5th, 2017, the fire re-ignited and destroyed the remainder of the 2nd story. Once they were able to enter their home later on Saturday, they discovered there was very little that could be salvaged. As one can imagine, it was very overwhelming.
Family heirlooms, childhood memorablia, trophies, home movies, and pictures are all gone. They pretty much only had the cloths they chose to wear that night at the fair.
Many have been so kind already and reached out to ask how they can help. The Pawlus are very grateful for everybody's generosity. Any donation you are willing to give comes with great appreciation to help them re-build.
- Ron & Kathy Kahl
- Robert Kummet
- Tasa Leikvoll
- Robert & Angela
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more