This effort will be time consuming and is placing significant financial hardship on Patti. The financial demands of the move ($7000 for the moving van alone) are jeopardizing Patti’s ability to participate at Camp Avanti this year.
Patti Oetter has dedicated her career of 50+ years to helping children with special needs and their families lead more productive lives. In the process she has:
· Improved the outcomes for countless children struggling with day-to-day challenges.
· Empowered parents and caregivers with knowledge to support children with special challenges.
· Explored new theories and developed cutting edge treatment strategies.
· Spent untold hours sharing her knowledge, insights and skills with thousands of pediatric therapists around the country and throughout the world through teaching and publishing.
· Contributed to the development of the Camp Avanti model for over 30 years, establishing therapeutic programs for campers and training staff that has resulted in making Camp Avanti a recognized leader in treatment for children with sensory processing disoders.
In appreciation and recognition for all that Patti has done for children and the community of therapists who serve those children, we are starting a GoFundMe campaign to offer some relief from the expenses of this costly move with the additional hope that such financial relief will allow Patti to join Camp Avanti once again to share her knowledge and expertise.
If you or someone you know has benefited from Patti’s extraordinary contributions, please consider donating to this campaign. Every contribution will be helpful to (1) reduce the financial pressure of this major undertaking and (2) make it possible for her to once again share her insights and knowledge at Camp Avanti this June. Time is short, so please don't delay. We will continue to take donations, but we need $2000 ASAP to make it possible for her to come to camp at the end of the month camp.
Please spread the word of this campaign to anyone who would like to recognize Patti’s lifetime of work and help her bare these moving costs while still coming to camp. Thank you!