Families in this refuge are survivors of family violence and this space is designed to help them heal by providing quiet spaces, active spaces, and spaces that can be used by Quantum staff for therapeutic sessions.
Pat’s Place cares for and provides support and accommodation to women, adolescents and children escaping family violence. The temporary residential facility provides safety and support for recovery and is in much need of a safe and beautiful space around them.
Quantum Support Services has been operating in Gippsland since 1987. Quantum provides a variety of community support services to those most in need.
Goals and Objectives
- Create a space for Pat's Place residents where they can play, relax and heal.
- Provide Quantum a detailed landscape plan so they can advocate for future funding.
- Create a legacy that supports future Pat's Place residents.
- Raise awareness within GCLP and stakeholders of domestic violence and the important services Quantum provides.
Your financial contribution to this project in the form of donations or grants will make a huge difference to Quantum and the residents at Pat's Place. Funds received will be put towards the project completion but you can also support the project through in-kind support and donations. We're seeking:
- A storage shed
- A water feature for the healing garden
- Outdoor furniture
- Bench seating
- Trees and shrubs
- Fruit trees
- Ground covers
- New sports equipment
- Sensory elements for the healing garden
- Sand and soil
- Services including site landscapers, concreters, carpenters and plumbers
- Provide play space equipment
Syndicate 'Vernon' are members of the 2021 Gippsland Community Leadership Program.
Charlie (CJ) Solomon. CJ has a master's in Landscape Design and has helped draw up the vision for this project in collaboration with the team and Quantum.
Brodie Anderson. Brodie is an emerging leader in East Gippsland with strong ties to the agricultural sector. He brings his organisation and planning skills to the team.
Sabiha Nazli. Sabiha works in the mental health sector and has ensured the project design includes healing elements, creating an outdoor space designed for more than just recreation.
Meg Mulcahy. Meg has worked with not-for- profits all through Asia. She is passionate about beautiful and productive outdoor spaces.
Joel Goodall. Joel has strong project management experience and great connections through the local government sector.
Rachael Millar. Rach is our communications and marketing whizz and will make sure your business is recognised for your generous contribution.