We are the group of volunteers who have been present in Paris camps for the last year and over. We have seen the formation and subsequent demolition of many camps in Paris, and we did all we could to help those seeking any kind of shelter. Bringing tents, sleeping bags, clothes, food, and informations relevant for all of them on the camps - have been our mayor concern.
Helping refugee families on the streets, and after when they are placed in poor housing projects, often without food, medical care, any guidence - is our priority. We have helped over ten thousends of refugees who came to Paris this last year.
Very harsh weather and brutal policy of the authorities have forced us to ask for your help. Regardles of existing institutions and oficial camp, the results are devestating. The real situation is demoralising, brutal and it calls for action. It takes all of us.
We want to join efforts, to spead the awarness of brutal conditions refugees are left in. Paris in not a just a random stop in their voyage, it is the final destination for many. There is nowhere else left for them to go. They need help, now in those winter days more than ever. Our goal is not only to keep them alive and if possible healthy, but to bring them some guidance, some hope in their lives, in thier instalation in France, Paris.
Any amount of financial support is more than welcome, it is much needed. The funds raised in this campagin will be spent on:
- temporary shelters : tents, baches, sleeping bags, balnkets, emergency blankets, anything that might protect from cold;
- warm winter jackets, thermal socks, gloves, hats, scarfs, underwear, clothes and shoes to protect them from the disadvantages of living outdoors;
- hygiene kits, toiletries and non-prescription medications for cold, flu, and other illness caused by rough life;
- food parcels for families, infants and singles;
- emergency housing of the most vulnerable ones - families with children, isolated minors, pregnant women and others in difficulties;
- transportation and phone credits for the most vunerable refugees.
We are facing incredible challenge, this refugee crisis is a test for our society, of our humanity. By helping refugees we determine our own future, our path.
We are grateful for any knid of support you are willing to provide. Share our campaign with your friends, family, give you voice to the ones who are left behind, in the cold, ignored and rejected. Help us to help them.
Volunteers of Paris
- Marie Barry
- Judith DeGroat
- Joanne Teal
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more