#GivingTuesday Help young adults with autism and related developmental disabilities recover from pandemic isolation. Support community inclusion for people of ALL abilities.
Community Transition Academy (CTA) is a nonprofit community-based, nonpublic high school for emerging young adults with significant with autism and other related disorders located in San Diego, CA. Too often, individuals with ASD express a feeling of isolation and disengagement with the community at large. Before the pandemic, CTA offered our students a myriad of relevant community opportunities to practice real-world skills to maximize their independence and successfully usher in the next chapter of adulthood...and they've become AWESOME citizens!
Then came the wrath of the Covid-19 pandemic which further isolated these amazing individuals. Now, heading into the new year, our students are safely and slowly embarking on the journey back into the social world. Our students NEED to get back out and become inclusively engaged in their community. And the community NEEDS them!
But... the practical and financial toll the pandemic brought to our small nonprofit has been significant and we need your help.
Be a part of something special that directly helps our community. You can support CTA and help those with developmental disabilities become re-included in their community by offering a tax-deductible donation to our community-inclusion focused scholastic program.
Tax-deductible funds raised will go towards:
- Community memberships and passes (i.e., local museums, zoo, aquarium)
- Transportation into the community (i.e., gas, upkeeping our vans, parking, other fees)
- Cultural, sporting, and community sponsored events to practice navigation skills and community accepted behaviors
- Shopping and cooking real-life skill-building activities
- Community activity and safety supplies
- Volunteer and job site expenses
- Additional community supports including field-professionals, and preparation needed to keep our students out and about!
Other meaningful, tax-deductible ways you can help our nonprofit program are:
- Become a Community Partner: donate community activity contributions or services (i.e., invite us to activities, donate passes or fees, provide operational, financial, or legal services)
- Join our Board of Directors or a Board Committee
- Provide our team with outreach and community education opportunities to introduce ourselves
- Find new ways to invite us and include us.
Our impact is unique, extensive, and enduring in the greater community. Please help us can get our students back into their community to spread our unique, empowering community inclusion mission. Together, let's continue to set the example for our community, learning to accept, accommodate, and include individuals of all abilities!
For more information about our program, check out our website: communitytransition.org, Facebook.com/CommunityTransitionAcademy/