PAKTURKFILE: PAKTURK EĞİTİM KURUMLARI’NIN
We are the education volunteers who worked at the Turkish Colleges (PakTurk International Cag Education Foundation-PTICEF) in Pakistan. We served the people of Pakistan for nearly 25 years with our schools opened in 1995 with the philanthropic support of Anatolian people and grew into a distinctive brand as PakTurk. With our Pakistani colleagues, we educated thousands of students.
Yet, in an unfortunate period when the Turkish government suppressed every good deed that was not its own, our schools were confiscated, we as Turkish teachers were deported, some of us were abducted and placed under surveillance. We left behind 28 schools, 12,000 enrolled students, as many alumni, countless friends and memories.
As PakTurk personnel, we would not remain silent about this persecution. With a small team we formed within the London Advocacy Group Ltd. in the United Kingdom, we launched a legal struggle in Pakistan. Two of our former executives appealed to the Ministry of Interior and requested the decision to be curatively reviewed. We still look forward to receiving the Ministry's response. If the decision does not change, we will carry our struggle to the highest legal authorities of Pakistan.
As will be appreciated, it does not suffice to counter political decisions only by means of law. You need to make your voice heard in the international community and find strong support. We initiated efforts to this end. We launched our website, YouTube channel and social media accounts in January 2021. At these outlets, we publish our memories in Turkish and English and chronicle the history of PakTurk educational institutions.
We are aware the modest steps we take do not match our giant goals. We need financial and moral assistance of everyone who has a passion for education to realize these giant goals, or at least to put forth the sincere endeavour befitting the size of the goal.
The fund created with your support will be spent on the following works under the supervision of the London Advocacy Group:
1. We will take the administrative and legal struggle we started to the very end. In this respect, we will file cases in the respective High Court and the Supreme Court of Pakistan. We will do our best to get fair results. Yet, we will work based on responsibility, not results.
2. We will add the third language, Urdu, to the website www.pakturkfile.org, where we currently publish in Turkish and English. We will increase the visual quality of our site and the feature and diversity of the content. We will receive articles and interviews from our former Pakistani students and friends.
3. We will publish books compiled from the series of articles and interviews on the PakTurkFile site. We will present the books, which will be ready in 3 languages, to the reader in digital and paper print. We will publish the Turkish version of 5 books (Our Pakistan, What Is Left to Me, Landscapes from PakAsia, My Heart Remained in Pakistan, Pakistan’s Right There!) until the end of this year. Next year we will release at least 5 more books.
4. We will organize social media campaigns to announce all our work and to increase public support. We will increase the number of followers of the accounts we use in these campaigns. Until October 2022, we will work to increase the number of followers of our Turkish Twitter account from 2,500 to 10,000, the number of followers of our English Twitter account from 5,300 to 15,000, the number of followers of our Instagram account from 2,300 to 7,500, and the number of followers of our Facebook account from 920 to 3,000.
5. We have shared 21 videos on our YouTube channel so far. In the coming period, we wish to publish 3-4 new videos every month. We will showcase the pertinent content in our website on YouTube as well. We will also work to increase the number of our subscribers from 520 to 2,500.
6. We made a short documentary about the humanitarian aid and emergency relief activities the PakTurk staff carried out in the disaster zones after major earthquakes and floods. We wish to produce new featured documentaries and short films about PakTurk's other achievements and social activities.
7. We are resolute to organize academic and semi-academic panels, conferences and study circles where the values the PakTurk Schools inculcated in Pakistan and education and their contributions to world peace will be discussed. The first of these conferences will be held at the Oxford University on November 17, 2021.
8. We wish to compile a photo album on the history of the PakTurk Educational Institutions and online exhibitions where the photos in the album will be displayed.
9. In order to re-establish the bond of love with our Pakistani friends who studied, worked, and became parents and trustees at the PakTurk Educational Institutions, we will hold video meetings and chats, and implement projects that will reach them and their hearts.
Come support us!
►To render our quarter-century history unforgettable,
►To prevent Turkish and Pakistani teachers who worked in our institutions for 25 years from being portrayed as criminals,
►Not to cast all these years of hard work and golden memories to oblivion,
►To take back our rights, our schools, our students, our dignity and our passion when conditions change and legal norms are re-established,
Be generous for PakTurkFile too!
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more