Hello, I am Bahram Jam. I don't care if you decide to fund this project for $5 or $100, I primarily want to know that people perceive this to be a worthy and noble cause to support.
I have been a physiotherapist for over 30 years. My dream is to have the theatrical production I’m writing to one day be performed live in a theatre.
The show is called “PAIN: The Musical!” and I aim for it to be an incredibly educational, inspirational and life-changing production for those living with pain and disability.
I wholeheartedly believe that sometimes through music and theatre, hearts, minds and lives can be positively changed.
Getting a production into first reading and eventually live on stage is quite costly.
100% of the donation funds raised will go toward fairly paying the inspirational actors/performers who truly have a lived experience with pain & disability.
Why? Why do I wish to do this?
1) One in five suffer from some form of chronic pain
2) Chronic pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide
3) The socioeconomic costs of chronic pain is three times that of all cancers combined
4) Its prevalence has doubled in the past 20 years, (and sadly still on the rise) yet the human body has not changed
5) Billions of $$$ are spent on bandaid treatments
6) It is the primary cause of opioids dependency
7) A major contributing factor to chronic pain is, IATROGENIC… meaning caused by the healthcare system … adding fear and false threatening information about their condition, further perpetuating the pain.
Although medical doctors certainly do their best in a busy clinical practice, some patients feel dismissed or brushed off by the healthcare system, which further magnifies their symptoms. Those experiencing persistent pain MUST BE HEARD!
SOMETHING MUST CHANGE, BECAUSE...
"...people living with chronic pain deserve better!"
Sincerely & in the name of love, Dr. Bahram Jam, PT