Michael is 18 years old; a graduate student from high school on may 2018. Michael was a healthy boy full of life.

On September the unfortunate happened, he started with  headaches, vomiting, and not feeling well. The headaches continue for a few days while his body was getting weak. His parents started to feel worried and took him to the hospital. He was taking to Victorville community Hospital where he spent a night, after a few tests and blood work they couldn't find what was wrong with him. After performing a cat scan of his head, the result  showed that  his brain was swollen so he was diagnosed  with Enciphalitis. The hospital didn't have the adequate equipment for Michael's treatment, he was flown in a helicopter to UC Irvine medical Center where he was admitted in the intensive care unit.  Michael entered into coma for about three days and  he was connected to tubes for a few weeks even after he woke up from the coma. His brain continued getting bigger, he underwent a surgery to remove the bone from the right side of his head and a second surgery to do a biopsy to find out what was causing the growing of the brain. After the first surgery to remove the bone from the right side of his head, he lost movement on the left side of his body, he can't move his left arm or leg. He spent a couple of month at UC Irvine community hospital.

On November Michael was discharge from UC Irvine hospital and  transfer to a rehabilitation center to start his therapies. During his staying at the rehab he was schedule to another surgery to put back the bone in his head. a few days before thanksgiving he was taking back to UC Irvine for the surgery where he spent a couple of days, then he was  brought back to the rehab  to continue with his therapies. He was discharged from the Rehab center on December 24th.

On December 26 he was taking back to the hospital due to liquid coming out of his head and schedule an emergency surgery. His brain was getting big again so they had to remove the bone from his head. He Is now waiting to have another surgery to put back the  bone, this time he is going to have a metal devise to replace the bone. Michael's mother had to stop working in order to take care of her son.

Michael continues the therapies at his house and hospital. Today we can see Michael sitting down in a wheelchair. We ask everyone to please help us support this family in this offal times, any donations will be greatly appreciated.
  • Beth Godfrey 
    • $25 
    • 29 mos
  • Theo Nova 
    • $5 
    • 29 mos
  • Hugo Perez  
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Jose Cerna 
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
  • Anonimo Anonimo 
    • $25 
    • 30 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Nelly Flores 
Victorville, CA
Elsy Cruz 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more