We are seeking $100,000 in support of the next generation of LGBTQ+ tech leaders.
In 2023 alone, a quarter-million tech employees were laid off, disproportionately affecting folks from underestimated groups, many of whom only recently succeeded in breaking into tech. When companies downsize, it isn't just those jobs -- entire communities are affected.
Out in Tech's youth mentorship program pairs queer, non-binary, and trans students with LGBTQ+ tech leaders for eight weeks of professional learning, both technical and career skills.
We ask mentees about their career dreams and then we match them with one of our members who can help because we know one size doesn't fit all. If you believe in equity, inclusion, racial justice, and building LGBTQ+ wealth, we ask that you consider making a donation today!
- We've served 1,000 youth and counting
- 80% of mentees identify as QTBIPOC, trans, and/or nonbinary
- 80% of mentees have a job or internship in tech within twelve (12) months
- We've graduated students in the USA, Canada, and UK
Your donation will help us:
- Launch the careers of 500 queer and trans youth in 2024
- Level the playing field by increasing career access for LGBTQ+ youth
- Enhance our quarterly Out in Tech Career Talks with resources for job seekers
- Support our referrals program, where we directly connect job seekers to open roles
- Help launch Out in Tech Connect, an app that will streamline the application process
Help us ⚡️ power up another 1,000 LGBTQ+ mentees to ensure the best products and platforms get built, paving the way for a more just future.
Fundraising team (6)
Out in Tech
Raised $80 from 3 donations
New York, NY
Out in Tech
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Miguel Duncan-Galvez Bravo
Raised $740 from 9 donations
Raised $700 from 3 donations
Raised $501 from 6 donations
Raised $45 from 2 donations