I have been growing out my hair for the last two and a half years with the intention of donating my luscious locks to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and I can finally stop being mistaken for a girl (which has happened three times so you know that my hair is the real deal).
This is an organization that is partnered up with the Canadian Cancer Society that accepts hair donations to create wigs that will be given to women who have lost their own due to cancer treatment.
Despite my hair being donated to the Canadian Cancer Society, I have personally decided to give all of the funds raised through this event to the Distress Centre Calgary.
DCC is an organization that offers a 24/7 crisis line that can be taken advantage by anyone, for free, in over 200 languages.
Moreover, the donation will be made under the name of a close friend that recently passed away.
Sean Jeske was truly an amazing person that always had a smile on his face and his positivity towards other people was genuine and contagious.
During his struggle with mental health, he advocated for the acknowledgement and awareness of mental illnesses that affects so many of those around us.
As someone that constantly fights with my own mental illnesses, I truly hope that this fundraiser helps to encourage the use and continuation of the resources that are available at DCC.
I will be hosting a FREE giveaway with some amazing prizes from local organizations that are supporting my fundraiser.
There is no catch, but I highly encourage donations that can be made through GoFundMe or in-person.
Please note that GoFundMe donations are subject to a 2.9% fee + $0.30 per donation.
If you are unable to donate, then please help spread the word!
On September 18th (Tuesday; 5-8PM) and September 26th (Wednesday; 3-6PM), I will have a table set up at Bolder Climbing Community and you will be able to enter your name for the raffle.
It must be completed in-person and only a single entry will be added.
I will have some of the giveaway prizes on display and also a laptop if you wish to make an online donation.
I also climb regularly at the CCC Rocky Mountain location if you wish to meet me in-person to enter the raffle and talk about my fundraiser!
If neither of those days work for you and you have made a donation, please contact me so we can work something out.
The winners will be selected at 9PM on Sunday, September 30th and they will be contacted to pick up the prizes in-person.
If you cannot arrange to collect your prize with me within a week, I will be selecting another name.
Thank you to Meg at Arc’Teryx Calgary, Zak & Regan at Bolder Climbing Community, Simon & Jen at Calgary Climbing Centre, Colin at Patagonia Calgary, Matthew at Redpoint Rock Gear, Ali at Sattva Climbing for supporting my fundraiser and allowing me create these amazing giveaway prize packs.
List of Prizes:
1. CCC Day Pass & Patagonia Hat (Retail value: $18 + $35): Carlin Olynyk
2. CCC Day Pass & Patagonia Hat (Retail value: $18 + $35): Sean Olechow
3. Sattva Bhajana Bucket & Shakti Brush (Retail value: $30+ $12): Erika Tjostheim
4. Sattva Bhajana Bucket & Shakti Brush (Retail value: $30+ $12): D'Costa Family
5. Redpoint Rock Gear Belay Glasses & Patagonia Hat (Retail value: $25 + $35): Noor Dhillon
6. Redpoint Rock Gear Belay Glasses & Sattva Hat (Retail value: $25 + $30): Louie Villaneuva
7. CCC First Step Lesson & Redpoint Rock Gear Belay Glasses (Retail value: $40 + $25): Tatyana Qafaiti
8. CCC First Step Lesson & Redpoint Rock Gear Belay Glasses (Retail value: $40 + $25): Rachael Grothe
9. Bolder month pass & Sattva Bhajana Bucket (Retail value: $80 + $30 ): Ty Mitchell
10. CCC Multi-facility month pass & Redpoint Rock Gear Belay Glasses (Retail value: $105 + $25): Bayley Clark
11. Arc'teryx Alpha FL 30L Bag (Retail value: $270): Melba Seto
DonationsSee top donations
- Kate Varney
- Rhys Clark
- Ben Churchill
- Tanner Strachan
- Adam Juska
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more