On November 8th, 2018, Christy Marx and Randy Littlejohn's home near Paradise, California, was completely destroyed by the Camp Fire.
Countless thousands of people know Christy through her amazing creative works. She was the creator of "Jem and the Holograms", wrote for many other television shows, scripted numerous comic books and designed videogames.
Randy Littlejohn is Christy's husband and long-time writing partner. As both a solo writer and working collaboratively with Christy, he has written for over a dozen television and film projects, video games, and a children's non-fiction book series.
For many of us, their creative works shaped our childhood and world views.
For me, it's even more personal... as my mentor, Christy helped me start my career. She has always inspired me with her fearless creativity.
*** NOW IS OUR CHANCE TO GIVE BACK. ***
Christy and Randy have lost everything except their lives, their cats, and what they could load into their car in a few minutes before they escaped the rampaging fire. This is what remains of their home:
They need immediate help in restarting their lives, renting and setting up a new home and replacing everything they lost. They need to do this quickly, so their beloved cats don't have to stay much longer in an improvised animal shelter at an airport. Yes, they have insurance, but it's not going to cover everything, and it's not going to do it quickly enough. Christy and Randy need our help right now.
Please consider donating to help Christy Marx and Randy Littlejohn.
About the GoFundMe: 100% of the money raised (after fees) will be transferred directly by GoFundMe to Christy and Randy. If you can, please consider donating extra to cover the GoFundMe fees.
Many, many, MANY thanks for your help for these dear friends during this difficult time.
-Ellen Guon Beeman
Co-writer with Christy Marx for the Jem episodes "Princess and the Singer" and "Treasure Hunt"
Adding some info here that is required by GoFundMe:
- My name is Ellen Guon Beeman.
- My permanent address is in Redmond, Washington.
- I've been friends with Christy for over 30 years, and with Randy since he and Christy met.
- Funds raised for this campaign will be sent directly by GoFundMe to Christy and Randy. I will not interact in any way with the funds raised here on GoFundMe. Funds will be used to replace what was lost in the fire and to help cover their current expenses as evacuees.
- If you have other questions, please ask me at GuonBeeman at Gmail dot com.