C5 Studios Community Arts Center was founded by Erin Boehme and Naomi Hart Johnson and is a subsidiary of Eastern Sierra Artists (formerly Bishop Mural Society), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Bishop, California.
As mothers, educators, artists and community members of Inyo County, we believe that a community is healthier and more productive when we honor one another for our unique perspectives, ideas and stories. Together, we have an opportunity to build a community center for the community, with the community. Join us today!
Our Mission, the 5 Cs:
Create / Connect / Converse / Construct / Contribute
- We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to create and construct, and to have access to a space in which they feel safe to do so.
- We believe people need places where the imagination is given time, space, tools and magic to develop.
- We believe in the power of the arts to connect people to one another and to themselves.
- We believe in community as a vital human need.
- We believe people should have access to the diversity of their own community.
- We believe that C5 Studios will bring people together and provide authentic opportunities to converse and connect with others
- We believe that our elders are a wealth of knowledge, skill and story, we want to receive those gifts
- We believe in the value of mentorship between people of different generations
- We believe that artists need space to construct, as they are also culture and community builders
- We believe projects are best when they are messy and can be constructed over periods of time
- We believe it’s time to offer people a place to teach their own classes and workshops
- We believe we can build a stronger community of engaged people who feel empowered to contribute their ideas and energy and improve the quality of life of everyone in their community
- We believe that C5 Studios will bring an increased engagement in the arts, particularly to the youth and underrepresented communities.
Why are we going to raise $60,000?
We need to open C5 Studios with community support, strength and the intention to see our community center live on for many generations to come. Covering our start up costs will do just that!
Start up costs include: welcome counter, gallery/display, wi-fi, cash register, filing cabinets, lighting, work tables, stools, shelving, a clean up sink, moveable walls for classes, furniture for our library, darkroom equipment, art materials and so much more.
Your donation will also help us lease the building, hook up tech infrastructure and utilities; literally getting the lights on and the doors open. Once we are open to the public and our programming starts we are able to access a number of different income streams to keep the center running and active, but we need your help to get the doors open in the first place!
Thank you for your support. We need you to make this exciting project thrive!
- Taimur Ahmad
- Celeste Berg & Andrew Gaidus
- Jessica Yip
- Diane Doonan
- Allison Peeler
Fundraising team: C5Studios Community Arts Center (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more