We are creating a safety net for the restaurant community by supplementing government aid, regular operations, and independent fundraising efforts. We are working to guarantee a reliable stream of revenue to independent restaurants by utilizing their infrastructure to safely distribute fresh, individually packaged meals.
Take-out operations and government loans are not enough to pull restaurants out of the current crisis, On The Line will be a lifeline to many restaurants.
Who We Fight For
• Children whose only meals take place at schools
• Senior Citizens who are unable to get out and have lost their ability to cook for themselves
• Immune-Compromised individuals who are most susceptible to COVID-19
• Mentally ill individuals who can no longer navigate the system
• Newly out of work hourly workers who have not received access to public assistance
• Quarantined, low income families who are suddenly unable to access food and work
• Homeless individuals who have fallen off the grid
• Independent restaurants who do not have access to significant cash reserves
How We Do It
A collaboration between community organizers and civic-minded restaurant owners, we identify where there is pressing need for meals for the hungry and vulnerable. Through fundraising we source food and process meals in restaurant kitchens, using their staff. We organize a pool of volunteers to provide contactless delivery of the meals to their final destination.
Why It Matters
The benefit of this model is three fold. Chiefly, it provides food to Westchester residents in need of help. In doing so, it employs many would-be furloughed restaurant workers. Further, participating restaurants get an injection of much needed cash flow as the current crisis persists.
How You Can Help
At present, On The Line has provided thousands of meals in Westchester. With the right support, On The Line will provide many more thousands of meals per week to our friends and neighbors. Follow our meal distributions and other news here.
People and small businesses both need a helping hand in these catastrophic times. We can all do our part.
DonationsSee top donations
- Linda/Leonard Guglielmo
- Evelyn Weiler
- Heather Rhyu
- Dylan Vergara
- Elizabeth Lynch
Fundraising team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more