We have tried immensely to support craft brewing throughout our local and global communities, but recent events have made this untenable. For a multitude of reasons, including the health of our employees, the likelihood of more widespread shutdowns in Chicago, and the rapid decline in brewery orders as a result of COVID-19, we have made the difficult and heartbreaking decision to suspend operations at Omega Yeast starting March 24th for an indefinite period of time. This is not the end of our story, but an unplanned pause. During this pause, we ask if you can help our amazing family during this trying time. Please help us to float these good people when all may seem beyond help. All proceeds will be dispersed to our Omega family.
Thank you for your support throughout these years. We hope to return the favor in good time.
GoFundMe has requested that we provide the following information for our campaign, so here it is:
1) Who you are and where you’re from - Nik Allen from Chicago, Illinois.
2) Your relationship or contact to the parties you're raising funds for - Soon-to-be former employee/manager at Omega Yeast Labs.
3) How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible) - all funds raised via this campaign will be distributed to our former staff to help make up for lost wages and hours they would otherwise have had, due to the COVID-19 mandated closures.
4) Your withdrawal plan to get the funds from the campaign to the ultimate beneficiary/ies - With the help of Omega ownership, the funds will be withdrawn to an agreed account and then payment made directly to former staff from the total campaign amount withdrawn.
- Luis Cuellar
- Connor Heckler
- Crescent City Homebrewers CCH
Fundraising team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more