The Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary supports the largest concentration of migratory birds found in Cebu, Philippines. It is a major refuelling station for approximately 40,000 migratory birds and consists of 1,030 hectare of sandflats and mangroves which is a haven for the birds that come from Siberia, Northern China and Japan. These birds flock to this island in Cebu seeking refuge from the winter climate of these countries and is the perfect destination for bird watchers or anyone who enjoys nature.
We urgently need to raise money as the official Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary website is sadly dated and requires a major revamp for the modern era. The existing website is very popular, referenced by major names such as Lonely Planet, and receives thousands of visitors a month. However it was designed over 10 years ago and lives on poor-quality free hosting which is down on average 40 hours a month meaning no-one can view the website whilst it is down.
Official website : http://www.olangowildlifesanctuary.org/
Your funding would go towards:
- A professional new modern website design $1,400
- Website Hosting, 20 years $1,200
- Domain Name, 20 years $360
- Email Mailbox, 20 years $380
- SSL security certificate, 20 years $540
- Awareness Campaign Ads, 12 months $1,200
- SEO, 12 months $1,080
- Researcher payment $100
- A researcher visiting Olango would be procured to take photos, videos, collect brochures, and interview Olango staff.
- The new modern Olango website will be "Responsive" meaning it will display correctly on all screen sizes including mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and large monitors.
- Staff at the Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary would be telephoned to update existing website Information.
- Regular on-going contact with Olango staff to maintain website information.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) would be performed to raise the new websites Google ranking.
- Awareness campaign ads would be run to make people aware of the new website and Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Information would be updated on external resources such as Wikipedia, TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, and others which support the Olango website.
The existing website has survived 10 years and still remains popular. The longevity of the new website is envisaged to last 20 years.
- We aim to put good causes online, generally in developing countries, who would not normally have the ability, funds or resources to achieve an online presence.
- Creating awareness of the Good Cause increases their publicity and reach, meaning an increase in visitors and donations to the Good Cause providing much needed funding.
- We remain in touch with the Good Cause regularly to ensure information remains up-to-date. Phone calls are made every month for the first 3 months, every 3 months for 1 year, every year thereafter.
If you support bird watching, or support the Philippines, or just support a good cause, please donate and help us build a modern new website for the Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary .
Official website: http://www.olangowildlifesanctuary.org
Olango Wildlife Sanctuary is a major refueling station for approximately 40,000 migratory birds. It is located in the Central Visayas region of the Philippines. The 1,030 hectare of sandflats and mangroves is a haven for the birds that come from Siberia, Northern China and Japan. These birds flock to the island seeking refuge from the winter climate of these countries. Olango Wildlife Sanctuary supports the largest concentration of migratory birds found so far in the Philippines. There are 97 species of birds in Olango, 48 of which are migratory species, while the rest are resident birds of the island.
The Philippine Dept of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has been tasked to protect and manage the area. A sanctuary office has been established in the area. The Olango Wildlife Sanctuary office also serves as a jump-off point for birdwatching in the reserve.
Official website : http://www.olangowildlifesanctuary.org
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more