Update May 13:
Where are our O2 Concentrators? 400 deployed in 62 locations. 300 more arrived in Delhi over weekend.
An interactive map of your O2 Concentrators can be found here: Live map of O2 concentrators
A real humanitarian crisis is unfolding in India. There is a dire need for Oxygen, hospital beds with oxygen supply in Delhi, Patna, Lucknow, Ranchi, Bhopal, Indore, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Cochin. At a unit cost of $480, anyone can save a life. We are shipping 300 5L O2 Concentrators from China. And redistributing within India to 10 cities. Concentrators are immensely helpful for patients with moderates oxygen needs and this helps free up the hospital beds for patients who need to be on high flow o2 supply, giving them time to catch up with exponential demand. Think of this as contributing to the global library of O2 Oxygen supply hardware. Our incredible mission-oriented team of children, makers, health tech, physicians, reliable suppliers, logisticians with people are on the ground in Shenzhen, Hong Kong Chennai, Patna, Lucknow, Hyderabad. I cannot remember a time when it has this easy to make a difference and save lives on this scale. Join our movement to Democratize Oxygen. We are grateful for your donation and welcome volunteers, fundraisers, help on the ground for addresses in the needy. Trust us, we will deliver and we are in this together. It is a privilege to help a world in need.
Update May 8:
- First 60-shipment to hospitals in Banaras, Dharbanga, Hubli, Lucknow, Katihar, Pataudi, Patna have all received the O2 Concentrators.
- Second 347-5L shipment arrived into Delhi on Sunday and is in customs for accelerated clearance.
- These will then expand our coverage to 20+ towns criss-crossing the country
- Several AIIMS, Government Health Hospitals, Private Charitable hospitals and individuals.
Update May 7:
- First batch of 5L O2 Concentrators arrived into Delhi, India from Shenzen, China! Congratulations! Thank you for your support.
- Immediately 60 of them shipped to hospitals and community organizations to Patna, Dharbanga, Katihar, Hubli, Banaras, Lucknow All tier-2 and rural towns in India. Using for local logistics, Indigo and xpressBees. For some of these places there is only one oxygen source for miles. We would have made a difference.
- Later today (Saturday IST) we will have 347 5L Oxygen Concentrators arrive into Delhi.
Update May 5:
- Breaking News: Product cleared Customs!
The first batch will now be arriving into Delhi on May 7th.
Update May 4:
- Next batch of factory manufactured 5L @ $645/unit will start delivering to Shanghai, Monday.
- We should come within our original time commitment, the week of May 15th, despite the hustle to make it faster.
- Future batches should arrive on a weekly cadence as the supply catches up with demand
Update May 3:
- May Day related shutdown in China lead to pre-booking of all charters:
- Freight schedules should free up after the reopen.
- Customs asked for additional paperwork on the first go at the airport.
- We switched to a more experience, formidable shipper.
- They are ploughing through the paperwork for another attempt later this week.
Update May 2:
As of 10pm Shenzhen time/7am PST, thanks great efforts of the team and your support,
We have secured 400 5L Units in our warehouse in Shenzhen. Now planning the ship out.
Update May 1:
- We now source 4 products (5L, 10L, 400L, 5L Chinese edition), from 5 factories, with 4 suppliers, 2 QC, 3 Shippers, 2 transporters, multiple port of exits. We parceled our orders for each @ 150 units with every channel. And will promote good on time & pricing behavior.
- It's May Day in China. Factories are experiencing increased surge and demand for o2 concentrators.
We pushed out contracts to 4-different factories to further expand supply and stabilize.
Update Apr 28:
- We are very happy to receive our IEC certificate- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oVara-8isM8IZX116x-5ZdZBckrJg_jKruZuS1dvgwE/edit?usp=sharing
Customs clearance paperwork is also in place.
- Our Website: https://www.o2forindia.org/
- We are now able to accept international donations: https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-send-o2-concentrators-to-india
Update Apr 27:
- We expanded our manufacture to a first drop to 450 O2 Concentrators of 5L, 90-95%.
- We got some pictures from the factory making our O2 concentrators: https://twitter.com/india_o2/status/1387259687385538560?s=20
Update Apr 26:
- We are considering increasing the units based on the promising fundraising. Thank you for all your support.
- Situation continues to be bleak across the nation. Second-tier cities seem to be hurt as much.
- Lots of conversations on the ground with physicians, civil servants, health care folks, logistics.
- Since our shipment leaves to India from Hong Kong on International Airlines.
There will be no impact from Sichuan airline policy change.
- Production speed has been accelerated, the latest ETA is May 10 arrival into Chennai or Delhi.
- Investigating 150 additional units to be added to the same line of manufacture with the same receiving date.
- On the ground, organization NTC logistics will ensure multi-city delivery.
- Additional units for 10L from another production line came into our purview.
Update Apr 25:
- 50% payment for the start of production line
- Production for 300 Oxygen Concentrators 5L has been issued with Foshan
- Unit Price @ $350/Unit Door-to-Door.
- Receipt https://twitter.com/india_o2/status/1386733941617348617
- Specification has been verified by physicians and technicians. https://twitter.com/india_o2/status/1386514652415332355
- Current ETA May 17th. More details: https://twitter.com/srisatish/status/1386574010993963011
- On the ground receiving: Delhi
- Units will be shipped to: Delhi, Patna, Lucknow, Ranchi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai.
What do we do?
We are working closely with an Oxygen concentrator manufacturer in Foshan, China. We were able to procure 300 5L units that will be airlifted from Hong Kong to India on May 15. We hope to procure more of these units and help distribute them in various cities in India until the situation improves. We are working with Physicians, Anesthesiologists, possibly some NGOs to help distribute them once they arrive in India.
How can I help?
Please donate if you can. As we raise more funds, we can purchase more units. Each unit costs $351
About us :
We are a group of makers, engineers, scientists, human resource professionals, organizers, community builders, founders, startup warriors and most of us have lived in US, Europe, India, Singapore over the past 20+ years. The chief communicator for the operation is Anjali, our 11 yr old and Lali, 9 yr old on the team who are currently responsible for posting updates to this page while the rest of us figure out other logistics and people. We have folks on the ground in Shenzen, Hong Kong, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, Lucknow, Agartala.
Get updates on our progress:
Follow updates during the day here -
Our Website: https://www.o2forindia.org/
DonationsSee top donations
- Anina VonMolnar
- Suzanne Mazzarelli
- Sangeeta Sinha
- Sangeeta Sinha
Fundraising team (12)
Raised $29,467 from 120 donations
Palo Alto, CA
Raised $9,095 from 4 donations
Raised $6,571 from 31 donations
Raised $6,135 from 34 donations
Raised $3,700 from 10 donations