COVID 19 Resources
Easy, three step process to donate:
1) Pick a hymn. Preferred is out of the Episcopal Hymns, including The Hymnal 1982, Wonder Love & Praise, Lift Every Voice and Sing II, or Voices Found. This is for ease of supply for copyright. Other hymnals may be used (United Methodist Hymnal, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc), but will be relegated to a soloist and organ.
2) Donate, but using this platform.
3) Send me an email (included below on this page), with your hymn request (with hymnal and number), donation amount, and any honor or memorial attribution you would like in the program. Please also send the hour you would prefer your hymn played and sung (Noon/1PM/2PM, etc)
Now, to the questions you may have....
OK, so what's a Hymn-a-thon?
It is a creative fundraiser where our director of music will be at the organ console for six hours, in an effort to raise funds for the church and our music program!
When will it take place, and where?
The 2021 Hymn-a-thon will take place on Sunday, October 24, in our church sanctuary, from Noon through 6PM.
How does it work?
From now until the day of the Hymn-a-thon, we will be taking donations from those who would like to request a hymn to be played and sung. These requests can be made in honor or memory of a loved one.
Here are the price points:
$25+ - Full hymn sung, with your name as donor, and the name of the honoree or memorial, with a short inscription
$50+ - Full hymn sung, with personally curated organ improvisation, with your name as donor, and the name of the honoree or memorial, with a short inscription
$100+ - Full hymn sung, with personally curated organ improvisation, with your name as donor, and the name of the honoree or memorial, with a short inscription, plus an All Saints Choir CD
Do I have to be a parishioner to donate and request a hymn?
No, in fact, this is where you can help us most! Ask a friend or three to make a donation and get a hymn of their choice! This can help bring in funds from outside the church.
What about the actual event?
Congregants and friends are encouraged to come and sing! You do not need to stay for the entire six hours (that's only me!). Come when you want, leave when you must.
This also brings us to the other way you can recruit funds....
Sign up to sing for an hour or two. Ask a friend or three to sponsor you by pledging $20/hour. They will get a letter of tax deduction for their donation, and also their names listed in the program as sponsors.
So what do I do now, if I want to participate in any way?
E-mail our music director (address included on page) with any questions, or with your requests. There will be a few ways to pay:
1) sending a check into the church, putting "Hymn-a-thon" in the memo
2) Through this GoFundMe page
3) cash or check on the day of the event
What if I cannot make it to the event, but still want to participate?
Ah, the wonders of technology! This event will be Live Streamed, so you can watch, listen and sing from the comfort of your own home!
With COVID and its risks, will this event be safe?
Absolutely, YES! We are requesting all who enter to sing to be masked and vaccinated. We will also be holding place markers for seats, to distance the participants at least 6 feet apart.
Where does the money go?
A few places, depending on how much we raise.
1) At the beginning of this fiscal year, the music program made a $5,000 pledge to raise money for the church's general operating budget. So the first $5,000 will go to satisfy that pledge. The church's operating budget sustains the music program,
and also supports other dynamic ministries, Christian Education, Formation, mission work, visiting speakers, and many other programs
For every dollar raised over $5,000, the funds will be directed to two programs:
2) Music Fund - outside of the operating budget, this fund makes concerts and special events possible, with visiting artists and orchestra (This year, we are planning Britten's Ceremony of Carols with harp, and the Faure Requiem)
3) Choral Scholars Fund - begun at our last large event, the Durufle Requiem for Dr. Flummerfelt, we are raising money for choral scholars to sing with our choir from local high schools and universities. This will give young people experience in a first rate choral program, and also a good first job in music.
In any way you make a donation, please email me with your name, the honoree or memorial, and the amount of your donation. I need all of these for accounting purposes. Furthermore, please put your preferred time, by the hour, between Noon and 6PM (Noon/1PM/2PM/3PM/4PM/5PM). of which you would like your hymn/improvisation to be played and sung.
While meeting our $5,000 goal would be wonderful, to double that figure ($10,000) would be to ensure that our vital music ministry can grow, by reaching the public in engaging cultural events and by offering young musicians a chance to shine.
So, friends, I encourage you to make a generous donation to this Hymn-a-thon, and to more importantly, reach out to your friends to support our parish and our fine music program!
DonationsSee top donations
- Kuhn Gretchen
- Lillian & Mark Moore
All Saints' Church
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.