This is an amazing opportunity. Along with other great students from all over the country I will be able to learn what it takes to be a leader.
I hope you will help me participate in this wonderful program by contributing to my fund.
Thank you so much!
GOD BLESS YOU!
WORLD LEADERSHIP FORUM: LEARNING TO LEAD
DATES: June 22–Jun 27, 2015
For Students in Grades 5, 6, 7, 8.
Destination: Washington, D.C., Gettysburg
· Discuss world events with an exclusive panel of current or former members of Congress and staff on Capitol Hill.
· Visit the new U.S. Institute of Peace and step inside the Global Peacebuilding Center, then take part in an international conflict resolution program.
· Enjoy a private, pre-opening breakfast at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, and explore the country's most important treasures.
· Visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg and gain firsthand insights into the American Civil War.
· Examine the leadership styles of prominent historical figures such as George Washington and Martin Luther King Jr., then explore the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial.
· Give back through a service project and earn 10 service-learning hours.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO AMERICA'S CAPITAL
· Proceed through registration and join your fellow Leadership Ambassadors for welcome activities while your family attends orientation.
· Get to know your teacher leader and group members in your first leadership meeting and learn more about the week's upcoming activities.
· Hear from an inspiring guest speaker during an opening dinner.
DAY 2: UNDERSTANDING U.S. GOVERNMENT
· Explore the U.S. Capitol and its visitor center and learn about the U.S. branches of government.
· Interact with current or former members of Congress on a Congressional panel on Capitol Hill.
· Experience the beauty of the National Mall and see the Library of Congress and the
· Soak in history at the Lincoln Memorial, as you stand on the spot where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.
· Sample international cuisine and hear from accomplished diplomats at an embassy dinner.
· Share your thoughts on the day's events during your leadership meeting.
DAY 3: UNDERSTAND THE CIVIL WAR AND THE COLD WAR
· Travel north through the scenic fields of Pennsylvania to Gettysburg National Military Park, where the Battle of Gettysburg served as a turning point in the Civil War.
· Walk the battlefield and explore the rock formations of Devil's Den, or take in the view at Little Round Top, where General Warren mounted a desperate struggle for the Union.
· Journey to the Eisenhower National Historic Site, once the home of the founder of the People to People movement, President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
DAY 4: REMEMBER THE PAST; BUILD THE FUTURE
· Enjoy a private, pre-opening breakfast at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History and explore the country's most important treasures.
· Visit Arlington National Cemetery and pay tribute to fallen soldiers.
· Make your way to John F. Kennedy's grave and see the Eternal Flame.
· Witness the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns, and reflect on the impact each soldier made on this country.
· Visit the new U.S. Institute of Peace and the Global Peacebuilding Center, and take part in anexclusive international conflict resolution program.
· Lay a commemorative wreath at the National World War II Memorial.
· Share your experiences and reflections with your teacher and your new friends at your nightly leadership meeting.
DAY 5: NATIONAL TREASURES AND CELEBRATION
· Assume your cover and make your way through the world's largest collection of spy gadgets at the International Spy Museum, where you'll learn about espionage, secret messages, disguises,
· Take "flight" at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
· Experience iconic memorials like the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial.
· Celebrate with your new friends at a dinner-and-dance cruise on the Potomac River.
DAY 6: FAREWELL AND DEPARTURE
· Awake early for your family's arrival or private shuttle to the airport.
· Enjoy a final breakfast and bid farewell to your new friends.
- Sheron Street
- Richard Kigel
- Ron Francis
- Richard Kigel
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more