NJ Local 1809/ILA Member House Fire Recovery Fund

Sadly Joe Gioeni  an employee of the NYSA-ILA Employee Benefit Fund, Local 1809 and ILA member's family home caught on fire on Thursday March 19, 2020.   Neither Joe or his wife were home at the time of the fire.  His 2 children were home alone when the fire alarm went off.  His daughter smelled the smoke and ran into the basement to see what was going on, in the reflection of a mirror she saw smoke coming from the boiler room.  Her and Joe's son called 911 and ran outside.  Thankfully no one was harmed in the fire.  The Firefighters broke all the windows in the home.  Smoke consumed the house.  Everything in the house is destroyed.  Joe and his family will be renting a home while they wait for repairs to be done.  The insurance company estimates they will not be back in their home for 7 months.  

Any contribution one can give would be greatly appreciated by this family.  Their lives are upside down but Joe and his family are glad they have their family and their ILA family to help each other weather through this tough time.

Donations ()

  • Parker Bess 
    • $50 
    • 1 d
  • Paige Strothmann 
    • $100 
    • 4 d
  • Maggie Chan 
    • $100 
    • 6 d
  • Anthony & Cathy Sinodinos  
    • $100 
    • 6 d
  • Ashley Sinodinos 
    • $50 
    • 6 d
See all

Organizer

Kathleen Dempsey 
Organizer
Middletown, NJ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more